Dropping Music Visualisation for MediaPortal 1.11 (1 Viewer)

Should Music Visualisation become a feature in a later version

• Yes

Votes: 37 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • I don't mind, as i am streaming my music from Spotify, etc.

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Total voters

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Let me maybe rephrase my question: Is "Visualisation" Meaning the music dependant graphics and the vu meters (the moving stuff) or also the cover art functionality that is present in the "now playing" section?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Let me maybe rephrase my question: Is "Visualisation" Meaning the music dependant graphics and the vu meters (the moving stuff) or also the cover art functionality that is present in the "now playing" section?
    You just won't have old school wonky lines waving around at you anymore lol

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Not sure how visualizations are related to the music source?

As off-topic, the perfect Music plugin a) would not care about the actual source (files, disc, stream, etc.) and b) would support different user interfaces as remote (MP, web, phones, etc)

I'd love to support that inside the core product, but i would by no means re-invent the wheel.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Agree.
    Why make something new if an awesome plugin like rockstar is already available to use with MP. :)

on topic.
    I'd like to see some nice visualizations in the future. Some minimalistic / less attention attracting ones. :) And ofcourse some making the countdown and fireworks on times square at newyear look like childsplay. :D :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I was thinking this morning, even if not directly supported, would it be possible to 'leave' support for Vis for those people that can access the binaries? I have a working system today, and now at that point of ignoring the regular MP builds (I usually build for myself) because of the removal.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I was thinking this morning, even if not directly supported, would it be possible to 'leave' support for Vis for those people that can access the binaries? I have a working system today, and now at that point of ignoring the regular MP builds (I usually build for myself) because of the removal.

Nope. it is an all or nothing.
    I am currently working on a plugin, which uses different binaries for Visualization.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    If you're working on your own vis setup in MP, then I salute your efforts and offer support and testing. Many thanks for the response!

elz

Portal Member
    August 20, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am currently working on a plugin, which uses different binaries for Visualization.
    How is your project to bring back visualisation to mediaportal as a plugin going, hwahrmann? I really miss having old school wonky lines waving around while I listen to my amiga music collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom