DTS-HD and TrueHD pass-trough with Xonar HDAV1.3 (1 Viewer)

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks for the replies ..

Indeed, the pass-through under XP it works:

- with Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre (the player I use for blue ray) I see DVD/BD with pass-through over HDMI without problems, is that lossless audio lossy

- with MPC-HC, following what was written by Jaybeam, I managed to get the pass-through over HDMI, without the problems I have in MediaPortal: I can see when it finishes playing another file, without audio blocking, regardless of audio (lossy/lossless). I also passtrogh of the DTS HD/Dolby True HD without ffdshow set the flag "connect as PCM first"..

- in MP but the problem I mentioned earlier.. but the pass-trough DTS-HD/Dolby True HD works .. only stops the normal DTS/Dolby.. changing the blessed flag instead of ffdshow I have no problem with lossy audio, but audio playback HD no part either, no error message.

Another thing, I also tried a file with DD+ audio, but in this case are not in any case unable to obtain a pass-through, nor with MP it with MPC..

You can not use a different audio renderer, instead of the ArcSoft? or there some other setting in ffdshow/MediaPortal that can help?

Thanks

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    alright then ...

does this mean i should or shouldnt buy an Asus Xonar 1.3 HDAV slim and amp for use with MP?

im keen to get this working...would have thought the dts-hd ma and truehd would work with the normal audio renderer and ffdshow

?

BMan

Portal Member
    August 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Look at a ATI 5XXX card instead. Cheaper than a ASUS Slim and easier to get working. I just replaced my ASUS Slim with a ATI 5570 based card. The ATI card bit streams all audio to my AV receiver by an HDMI connection.

crimz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    alright then ...

does this mean i should or shouldnt buy an Asus Xonar 1.3 HDAV slim and amp for use with MP?

im keen to get this working...would have thought the dts-hd ma and truehd would work with the normal audio renderer and ffdshow

?

You have to use ffdshow, for getting dts-hd and truehd, any other...

I use a intel i3 (see my system) and integrated video/audio. The only problem i have with my setup is sometimes interlacing when watching tv. Maybe an expensive solution, but so silent...

When consider ati 5***, there has been a lot of problem with these cards. (no sound, sound disappearing, getting green screen suddenly, etc, etc...) My problems where so bad that i never will spend any money on ati/amd. (even with ati 4*** there was/are major hdmi problems)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    so the Xonar 1.3 HDAV slim card is not suitable unless you use the Arcsoft audio renderer in MP ...and even then it locks you out from playing anything else besides dts-hd or truehd after playing dts-hd or truehd files?

i dont want to buy any ati cards

i only have a pci slot left in my MP pc ..no pcie slots left...so.. the xonar is my only choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom