DTS-HD and TrueHD pass-trough with Xonar HDAV1.3 (1 Viewer)

mattyx79

Portal Member
July 12, 2006
I successfully registered the Arcsoft renderer, however when I select that as the output in MPC-HC and select Arcsoft as an external filter within MPC-HC it will not open any media files. Has anyone run into this problem?

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, have had the same issues...
    If you have the Xonar and want to bitstream your HD Audio INSIDE MediaPortal you seem to be LOST...

For the last month I've tried to get it working, but whatever FFDSHOW version and MPC Codecs I've tried with different versions of the arcsoft renderer nothing really worked good. It seems that no one uses the Xonar besides MPC-HC, but I don't want to use it...

Issues I've had:

- With the wrong version of arcsoft renderers some videos will not play inside MediaPortal or MediaPortal gets stuck
    - Bitstream only worked when the first track of the movie has the HD Audio in it...
    - After switching from, let's say, Dolby Digital to True HD track... -> NO Audio
    - After switching from DTS-Master HD to another DTS-Master HD Track -> I got Multichannel Audio without Bitstream
    - When Channel switching worked with some codec combinations (SAF4+arcsoft 170) I've to restart MediaPortal after watching a Movie or else other media played after it doesn't work
    - WASABI in combination with Reclock doesn't worked at all (ReClock was the last thing I've tried so far)

So I've given up hope that someone will look into this and enable proper bitstreaming with the xonar (outside of MPC-HC (this isn't really an option for me) or TMT3 ).
    I'll wait for the upcoming new drivers and if they will bring not some more options into this card, I'll switch to an ATI 5450. This one seems to work as it should...

Best Regards
    Chris

I successfully registered the Arcsoft renderer, however when I select that as the output in MPC-HC and select Arcsoft as an external filter within MPC-HC it will not open any media files. Has anyone run into this problem?

@ mattyx79: Try not to use Arcsoft Renderer Version .170 ... this is the cause of this issue

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

it is a shame that with such an expensive card, we can't get this to work. Seems like I need to use tmt3 for my bitstreaming. Only major drawback is that it uses the 0-255 color range instead of 16-235. So I have to switch it everytime on my TV.

:D

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We have to wait and see...
    I'll wait for the next Arcsoft AND Asus driver update... If this will not bring good results, I'll change my Xonar with an ATI card...

BMan

Portal Member
    August 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After many hours of searching and configuring I got this working. I'm using the Arcsoft Demuxer, Arcsoft Video Decoder (mostly), FFDShow and the Arcsoft Audio renderer. I'm at work so I can't take the time to detail how I did this. I'll write it up and post it this weekend.

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This would be great... also also read something about using the Demuxer from TMT2 in combination with audio renderer from TMT3 .160 and different FFDSHOW builds...

A writeup of the steps to get it working (incl. version numbers of the SVNs used) would be awesome!

Thanks in advance for that!

Best Regards
    Chris

EDIT: Finally got it working... seems that the latest ffdshow (and subversions before) have some serious issues with xonar and bitstreaming!!!

Now I'm using:
    ffdshow_rev3318_ 20100315
    standalone_filters-svn1774_x86
    And TMT3 .161 Renderer and almost all problems are gone...

I can switch between audio streams, play DTS-HD AND Dolby TrueHD without problems AND I've Audio in MediaPortal Menu after Bitstreaming (for that I've to switch to an non HD Audio track before closing the movie... but that's better than everything I've tried before)!

This is the way I installed everything:

- Installed latest SAF5
    - After that I installed the ffdshow version mentioned above
    - Then re-registered the matroska splitter from 1774
    (- And I re-registered the MPC-Decoder, 'cause I've some troubles with ffdshow DXVA codec)

dlthorpe

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2009
    I got my first mkv with a DTS:MA track in it and so far i cant play it in MP, each time i start it just flickers my screen (because i use refresh rate changer) and then im suddenly back to MP and the movie is marked as watched. I have the Xonar 1.3 Slim but havent tried these settings yet.

Question for Iceman if you may, each time you post some steps in this thread, like the post above mine, do you also update the first post? So can i just follow the first post steps and use that to make sure im looking at the latest finds?

Thanks,
    D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom