[confirm] DTS-HD audio stream stops BluRay Playback (1 Viewer)

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If the is not the right place for this I apologize.

In 1.3.0 Alpha, when I play Alice In Wonderland (and many others) the default audio stream is AC3 - which is fine. But when I switch it two DTS-HD, it fails and stops playing. All AC3 tracks play well. The BluRay Arthor for some reason works and plays DTS in LAV.

When I select ffdshow as the codec for Alice In Wonderland, all is well and plays just fine.

Video plays just fine and beautifully.
    All BD have been decrypted and ripped to HDD using the same software and methods.

I am using the LAV codecs 0.51.1
    I am using ffdshow 4437: 26APR2012
    HTPC specs in profile
    AMD HD5450 and HDMI Drivers: See screenshots

I have attached the debug log files for Alice in Wonderland (LAV), Arthor (LAV) and Alice in Wonderland (ffdshow) and a lot of screen shots for setups

Again, if this is not an issue or the incorrect place, I apologize and you can delete.

Attachments

• Screenshots.7z
      432.2 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Just for testing can you try MPAR (Mediaportal Audio Renderer) as audio renderer in bluray section.

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    2012-07-14 22:32:10.051566 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: GUIVideoFullscreen: switched audio to English [DTS-HD Master] (1/2)
    2012-07-14 22:32:10.121570 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: BDPlayer - GraphNotify: Error: -2147220950
    HRESULT: 0x8004022a (2147746346)
    Name: VFW_E_TYPE_NOT_ACCEPTED
    Description: This pin cannot use the supplied media type.

Audio decoder or audio renderer is probably not accepting the new audio type.

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Is this a setup issue or lack of ability of the LAV?

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Hi,

Just for testing can you try MPAR (Mediaportal Audio Renderer) as audio renderer in bluray section.

Tried the MPAR and same results. I used dshowhelper v4 from the Native Blu-ray thread and the mpar v2 from the mpar thread.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi,

Tried the MPAR and same results. I used dshowhelper v4 from the Native Blu-ray thread and the mpar v2 from the mpar thread.

Both MPAR and Blu-ray support are in 1.3.0 alpha and you shouldn't use any other binaries from the forum for those since they are older (and could cause some issues to appear). Althou the issue you are seeing shouldn't be result of such mixed binaries.

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    For now I am using the ffdshow, but from what I read (and I can and will be entirely wrong here) is the LAV is supposed to relieve a lot of the codec stress of setup and compatibility.

NOTE: This was an UPGRADE from 1.2.3, not a fresh install - may have something to do with it, idk.

For me, tinkering with codecs is fun so I do not mind. In fact I watched BR Lion King with my son on Sunday and it was amazing as usual (ffdshow bitstream of course). He loves being scared for some odd reason and loves all the dramatic thuds my theater give him ;)

Thanks!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Means ffdshow audio works but LAV Audio not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom