[confirm] DTS-HD audio stream stops BluRay Playback (1 Viewer)

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Means ffdshow audio works but LAV Audio not?

Correct, for me on 80% of my ripped BD, the DTS-HD Master does not work with LAV.
    However, 100% of my ripped BD works with ffdshow.

If this is not considered a bug or issue I digress. However, if devs want to work out why this is not working, I am willing to do testing.
    Otherwise I am happy using ffdshow audio.

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, is "Alice in Wonderland" dts-hd HIRES? Because, for me also dts-hd HIRES does not work with bitstreaming - only dts-hd MasterAudio. I don't have any sound, when I start a dts-hd HIRES movie, but when I start a movie with dts-hd MasterAudio before, then the HIRES movie also plays sound, but the av receiver shows MasterAudio in the display instead of HIRES and the surround channels are wrongly mixed.

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Ah, is "Alice in Wonderland" dts-hd HIRES? Because, for me also dts-hd HIRES does not work with bitstreaming - only dts-hd MasterAudio. I don't have any sound, when I start a dts-hd HIRES movie, but when I start a movie with dts-hd MasterAudio before, then the HIRES movie also plays sound, but the av receiver shows MasterAudio in the display instead of HIRES and the surround channels are wrongly mixed.

The jacket on BD states it is DTS-HD Master Audio so I do not think this is the case. Unless HIRES is a subset of Master Audio - I am not too familar with DTS-HD.

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you using the Realtek HDMI sound driver?? I also tried it once instead of the ATI sound driver and did not had HD sound with Realtek. Can you try it with the latest drivers from AMD?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it is not a bug in MediaPortal but maybe in LAVF and/or a driver issue. But @tourettes knows a lot more about this stuff.

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Are you using the Realtek HDMI sound driver?? I also tried it once instead of the ATI sound driver and did not had HD sound with Realtek. Can you try it with the latest drivers from AMD?

I tried with the latest ATI drivers and NO SOUND came from HDMI (my only sound output option), so I quickly dropped that driver and installed the Realtek driver back, but of course kept the other drivers installed with 12.6 catalyst.

I think it is not a bug in MediaPortal but maybe in LAVF and/or a driver issue. But @tourettes knows a lot more about this stuff.

I am fine leaving this as a LAV issue and not a MP issue. But if there is any testing or logs that need to be performed, let me know, even if as a side bar.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    I am fine leaving this as a LAV issue and not a MP issue. But if there is any testing or logs that need to be performed, let me know, even if as a side bar.

I see you are using LAVF v0.51.1. This version has some issues. (but mainly video issues)
    Could you try LAVF 0.50.5 and see if it helps. Only if you wanna test: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1574269#post1574269

I am pretty sure I did go back to 0.50.5 and had the same problem. I will confirm later.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay.
    Do you also have read this part?

Q: Can LAV Audio decode DTS-HD?
    A: Kind of. On its own, it cannot. But, LAV Audio supports using the ArcSoft DTS decoder, which allows decoding of full DTS-HD. Just drop the "dtsdecoderdll.dll" from the TMT3/5 Codecs directory into LAV Audio's directory, and enjoy. NOTE: This only works on 32-bit!

EDIT:
    But I think that is only a problem while decoding not for bitstreaming.

Last edited:

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    Okay.
    Do you also have read this part?

Q: Can LAV Audio decode DTS-HD?
    A: Kind of. On its own, it cannot. But, LAV Audio supports using the ArcSoft DTS decoder, which allows decoding of full DTS-HD. Just drop the "dtsdecoderdll.dll" from the TMT3/5 Codecs directory into LAV Audio's directory, and enjoy. NOTE: This only works on 32-bit!

EDIT:
    But I think that is only a problem while decoding not for bitstreaming.

Indeed I have - and I have 1.1.08 installed - and yes that is for decoding DTS-HD, while I am bitstreaming, well trying to anyway :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom