[confirm] DTS-HD audio stream stops BluRay Playback (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I think it is not a bug in MediaPortal but maybe in LAVF and/or a driver issue. But @tourettes knows a lot more about this stuff.

I am fine leaving this as a LAV issue and not a MP issue. But if there is any testing or logs that need to be performed, let me know, even if as a side bar.

Not much can be tested on MP side (at least on log level) - I would need to have some HW that I can test / reproduce the issue.

Could you do the following test?

1) Open GraphEdit
    2) Load LAV source filter (select Blu-rays .bmdv)
    3) Add LAV audio decoder to graph
    4) Add LAV video decoder to graph
    5) Add DS audio renderer to graph
    6) Add EVR video renderer to graph
    7) Connect all pins
    8) Play

Does that have working bitstreaming?

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think it is not a bug in MediaPortal but maybe in LAVF and/or a driver issue. But @tourettes knows a lot more about this stuff.

I am fine leaving this as a LAV issue and not a MP issue. But if there is any testing or logs that need to be performed, let me know, even if as a side bar.

Not much can be tested on MP side (at least on log level) - I would need to have some HW that I can test / reproduce the issue.

Could you do the following test?

1) Open GraphEdit
    2) Load LAV source filter (select Blu-rays .bmdv)
    3) Add LAV audio decoder to graph
    4) Add LAV video decoder to graph
    5) Add DS audio renderer to graph
    6) Add EVR video renderer to graph
    7) Connect all pins
    8) Play

Does that have working bitstreaming?

Using graphedit and LAV failed, but again using ffdshow passes (even using the LAV source splitter). I have no idea what this mean other than its not MP.
    LAV.png
    ffdshow.png

slikvik

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2006
    I have the exact same problem. As soon as it tries to bitstream a DTS-HD master track it drops me straight back to the MP menu. Unfortunately I only have 3 BluRays at the moment..

Watchmen is incompatible with my drive and barely recognizes.
    The Two Towers defaults to the DTS-HD Master track so I can't even change it as it kicks me out.
    Back to the Futures plays, defaults to AC3, but unfortunately AC3 is the commentary track and as soon as I try to switch to the movie audio (DTS-HD Master) it kicks me back to MP.

Can't watch any of them. :(

Using 1.30 Beta, the Latest LAV 54.1 and an ASROCK ION330 (Atom with Nvidia ION)

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the exact same problem. As soon as it tries to bitstream a DTS-HD master track it drops me straight back to the MP menu. Unfortunately I only have 3 BluRays at the moment..

Watchmen is incompatible with my drive and barely recognizes.
    The Two Towers defaults to the DTS-HD Master track so I can't even change it as it kicks me out.
    Back to the Futures plays, defaults to AC3, but unfortunately AC3 is the commentary track and as soon as I try to switch to the movie audio (DTS-HD Master) it kicks me back to MP.

Can't watch any of them. :(

Using 1.30 Beta, the Latest LAV 54.1 and an ASROCK ION330 (Atom with Nvidia ION)

ASRock ION330 doesn't support HD audio does it? Have you unticked DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD for bitstreaming in LAV audio decoder config?

slikvik

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2006
    Hi

Apologies, I was just on my way back here to say that I'd realised that ION doesn't support bit streaming of DTS-HD! If I untick the bitstreaming for those formats, does that mean I need to get Lav (and the TotalTheatre dll) to decode it?

Thanks for replying!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

Apologies, I was just on my way back here to say that I'd realised that ION doesn't support bit streaming of DTS-HD! If I untick the bitstreaming for those formats, does that mean I need to get Lav (and the TotalTheatre dll) to decode it?

Thanks for replying!

I think so. Otherwise you could try ffdshow audio decoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom