Dual display enhancement (1 Viewer)

thematrixz

Portal Pro
June 20, 2007
Home Country
I think the debug info is not useful in normal operation condition. The only time I need to see what's on the smaller screen is when I want to control MP without having to leave the larger TV on, like listening to music or setting up IMDB for the movies.

I would be nice also to have the controls on the smaller screen all the time while media is played on the TV, that way one can stop, pause,... or change album/discs/video file on the fly.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql.exe

Works perfect with my 6800GT. Video Overlay (full screen) on TV, MP windowed on monitor

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what should i do with a ATI HD2600 ? Ive a Plasma TV with 1280x768 and a 6,4" TFT with 640x480!

is it possible to use differnent resolutions?

thematrixz

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2007
    Home Country
    what should i do with a ATI HD2600 ? Ive a Plasma TV with 1280x768 and a 6,4" TFT with 640x480!

is it possible to use differnent resolutions?

Yes, you can use extended mode (instead of clone mode), you then can set up different resolutions for your monitors. I'm using latest ATI driver, no problem.

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thx, i will test it, and which SKIN use you ? 16:9 or 4:3 ?

is that correct ?

but how get i mediaportal on both screens?

thematrixz

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2007
    Home Country
    I use 16:9 since it's my TV's format. The smaller touchscreen is now useless, until there's a solution for displaying MP control in both monitors.

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    perhaps, one of you can tell me, if that works:

-TV and Display in Extended Mode
    -Switch over Remote Button between the Displays
    -The Display without MP, should have no signal, because then my TFT goes automatically off
    -Mediaportal must be switch between two different Skins (4:3 and 16:9) over the same Remote Button

thematrixz

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2007
    Home Country
    perhaps, one of you can tell me, if that works:

-TV and Display in Extended Mode ---------> This works
    -Switch over Remote Button between the Displays ------> I don't thinks there's an option for this yet
    -The Display without MP, should have no signal, because then my TFT goes automatically off -----> You small monitor still has Windows displaying on it, so it won't turn itself off.
    -Mediaportal must be switch between two different Skins (4:3 and 16:9) over the same Remote Button------> This is going to be a tough one, I know it has been mentioned in other thread before, but if I were a developer, I wouldn't want to touch it

Tan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom