Dual DVB-S - Dual Satellites...? (1 Viewer)

StuartH

February 7, 2006
Hi All...

First things first - what a fantastic piece of software! Thanks to the developers/moderators. (Especially dman, who has been very helpful on IRC)

I'm mid-build (as we all seem to be) on my HTPC, but have come up against a brick wall. Maybe I read 'dual tuner support' the wrong way...

I've got 2 Twinhan DVB-S CI cards, with the latest BDA Drivers (Thanks to Dman for those) and the cards (individually) are working fine. MP sees both cards, but won't let me tune them the way I want to when they are both populated..

One card is connected to a dish pointing at Eutelsat W3
One card is connected to a dish pointing at Hotbirds 1-5

It seems to me that MP is unable to let me tune one card to Hotbird and the other to W3.

It seems that MP will only autotune the first card.

Am I right? Is anyone else trying to do this? Maybe it's not what was meant by multi-tuner support...

Any help would be greatly received.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Have you not tried disabling the second card, tune all of first card in and assign to first card.

Do the same for the second card...

Do the BDA drivers also support dual dvb cards?

bilbo

June 23, 2006
    Hi all,

this is exactly what I want to do. I have just bought two Twinhan DTV PCI CI cards.

Now, I am becoming a little anxious reading all this message. I can still canceled my order... Please could you give us a precise answer how to get two DVB-S cards with two different CI (TPS and Swiss channels) working?

Thanks for your work and a very very fast answer will be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom