Dual MP install, for testing RC1 and 0.2.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Wolfer14

Portal Member
October 3, 2007
Calgary
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: Current 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin: monochrome
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2333 MHz
HDD: ST3500320AS (500 GB)
Memory: 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Motherboard: Asus P5K SE
Motherboard Chipset: Intel P31/P35
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV 500 Pvr PCI II TvTuner
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Shaw TV
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC20 HTPC
Cooling: Fan
Power Supply: 400W
Remote: keyboard
TV: Samsung 50"
TV - HTPC Connection: D-Sub- DVI

I am having issues with my skin and need to upgrade to RC1. I have in the past and had to many problems with MP1. I did post my issues and got not a single response (search my Handel). So I decided to go back to 0.2.3.0, everything works great except for my radio with this skin Monochrome. Posted isses with the skin and was told that 0.2.3.0 is no longer supported!!!

Is it possible to install the MP1 along with MP 0.2.3.0. that is currently installed and running fine. If I were to install MP1 in a dir like;
C:\program files\Team MediaPortal\MP1\

Will MP 0.2.3.0 and MP1 coexist while I test MP1 and TRY to get it to work with my system?????

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
If you want to do this just in case something goes wrong. Here is what I did and did in fact fall back to 0.2.3.0 and it worked perfectly. I am now using 1.0 RC though but am keeping my stable 0.2.30 on the back burner.

1. Copy the "Team Media Portal" folder and then past it somewhere else to keep as a backup.
2. Uninstall Media Portal 0.2.3.0
3. Install Media Portal 1.0

To fall back to 0.2.3.0

1. Uninstall Media Portal 1.0
2. Do a fresh install of Media Portal 0.2.3.0
3. Copy the "Team Media Portal" folder back to its original location and overwrite any files it asks you too.

This worked for me and I had back my tv guide, skins and all settings when I did it.

I use the same skin as well and don't have any issues with MP 1.0 RC1

I currently have my 0.2.3.0 backed up this way just in case something happens and I need to fall back to it to keep the WAF up.

Wolfer14

Portal Member
October 3, 2007
Calgary
Home Country
Canada Canada
That would work. but I need to be able to go back to 0.2.3.0 right away after testing RC1. RC1 on my system simply wont work with my TV card (past posts). Everything is all scrambled, and I need to figure out what is going on (A testing Ground) while I still have a stable Version. of 0.2.3.0 for after testing RC1. I simply cannot rely on RC1 at this time.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I need the same. I was unable to get HW acceleration to work in RC1 so I switched back to 0.2.3 again. But in order to try to get HW accel. working in RC1 again, I have to switch back and forth between them.
    Is it really necessary to install/uninstall RC1/0.2.3 every time? Can't we just exchange the program folder and leave everything else (= registry settings, appdata folders, database) as it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom