dual satelite tuner (1 Viewer)

bosarjen

Portal Member
October 13, 2005
Hello,

I would like to watch TV and record on another channel at the same time.

Is there a satelite tuner that supports this?
Is it possible to insert 2 tuners.

I live in the Netherlands and to watch an channel you need an CI card. Do i need 2 CI cards?

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
You need a tuner for every "task" you want to do simultaneously.

If you want to record 2 tv shows at once, you'll need 2 tuners.

If you want to record 1 tv show and watch live tv at the same time, you'll need 2 tuners.

If you want to record 2 tv shows and watch live tv at the same time, you'll need 3 tuners.

If you want to watch a recorded tv show, while recording another, you'll need 1 tuner.

etc....

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know, there's no Dual-Tuner-DVB-S card differently than e.g the PVR 500 MCE or the new Twinhan DVB-T dualtuner.
    You always need 2 PCI cards

Zyphrax

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    You'll need two DVB-S cards (I tried Twinhan), both with CI support, a CAM module and a satellite card.

I'm from the Netherlands as well, and I tried the thing you wish to accomplish. However I was unable to get the satellite card communication stable enough, after switching between a few channels, the card would freeze up, and no longer tune to the Dutch channels.

But hey, that was a few weeks ago, I noticed BDA driver updates and new updates to MediaPortal. If you are able to get it working, please let me know, I'm getting tired of the IR connection to the Topboxes :)

bosarjen

Portal Member
    October 13, 2005
    I am still looking around for good solutions. At the moment I am thinking about the following setup.

two FloppyDTV tuners and the smartwi box to share the CI card. This way i only need one Canaldigital card and still have the dual tuner.

Its only theory, but as soon as i find out if it works ill post it here.

But first i have to save some more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom