Video Codec: mpeg2dec filter
Audio Codec: dscaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: accent ht400
Power Supply: elan evp-400
Remote: imon
TV: acer al2671w
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi

that should be a simple problem to fix. basically the card friendly name (similar to what appears in device manager) needs to match what is in capturecarddefinitions.xml in %installlocation%

what version of drivers are you using?
what version of media portal are you using

1.3 version references and works fine by default with 1.2.1.7 (1.2.1.x)
2.0rc1 version works fine by default with 1.2.2.7 (which appears as a device with the name 878) (1.2.2.x)

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
2.0rc1 latest CVS, 1.2.2.7

my devices in device manager has the names:
DVB-TV 878 Capture Driver
DVB-TV 878 Tuner Driver

what should i change to get it to work?

/BigAl

danielpugh

Portal Member
October 12, 2005
Windows Version: windows xp pro sp2
CPU Type: amd64 3200+
Memory: 1gb ddr
Motherboard: dfi lanparty ut nf4
Motherboard Chipset: nvidia nforce 4
Motherboard Bios: pheonix technologies ltd 6.00pg
Video Card: sapphire x800 gto2
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: realtek ac97 onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5740 as supplied with motherboard
TV Card: 2 x twinhan visionplus
TV Card Type: dvb-t
TV Card Driver: 1.2.2.7
Video Render Type: vmr9
Video Codec: mpeg2dec filter
Audio Codec: dscaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: accent ht400
Power Supply: elan evp-400
Remote: imon
TV: acer al2671w
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi

either install 1.2.1.7 and reboot then reconfigure cards... or...

you need to edit the capturecardefinitions.xml file (in c:\program files\team mediaportal\) in notepad. find the relevant dvb-t or dvb-s or dvb-c.

basically the capturename, tunerdevice and capture need to map to the driver you have installed

the section should read as in forum listing below

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10212&highlight=

alternatively you should download the latest version of the file and save over the top.
(http://www.kiwi07.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Cards/CaptureCardDefinitions.zip)

either way go into mediaportal setup. remove the card. add the card again.

i remove the channels as well to make sure its working ok (i dont think that this is necessary).

then autotune. it should re-populate the tv channels (ie find signals etc)

once it has found all the channels check they are assigned to the card then start up mediaportal. fingers crossed it should work fine

<capturecard commercialname="Twinhan DVB-T" capturename="DTV-DVBT 878 Digital Capture Filter" devid="ven_109e&amp;dev_0878&amp;subsys_00011822&amp;rev_11">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="DTV-DVBT 878 Digital Tuner Filter" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="DTV-DVBT 878 Digital Capture Filter" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
When I use 1.2.1.7 BDA driver, "Can't build graph" appears again =(

do i have to change in capturecarddefinitions.mxl too?

/BigAl

danielpugh

Portal Member
October 12, 2005
the 1.2.1.7 drivers should match the 1.3 (stable) version of mediaportal (ie the entrance in capturecard definitions). it sounds like they are not matching (sorry i blame my memory). edit the capture card definitions file and find the relevant bit. It should map to the relevant part in the driver install file (the inf file). When installing the 1.2.1.7 do not install the uk (signed file/regional file)

something like below:
FILTER TUNER=TwinHan DVBT BDA Tuner Filter
FILTER CAPTURE=TwinHan DVBT BDA Capture Filter

if you are using the 2.0rc1 and/or cvs then you are probably best off sticking with the drivers that the developers are using currently (1.2.2.7)

either way as long as the section in capturecarddefinitions file matches what is in the inf file for the driver you shouldnt have the error.#

remember to delete any cards in mediaportal setup -> tv settings -> when changing drivers/definitions file

bigal

Portal Pro
September 18, 2005
Gothenburg
i found a problem...Twinhan DVB-C is not in the capturecardsdefinition.xml file anymore....why?

If ia add it (1.2.2.7 support) should i write filter in the end instead of driver that is says in the device manager?

IT works, or i found it and no error appeared, but i think that the autotune function doesn't work with my card yet
/BigAl

danielpugh

Portal Member
October 12, 2005
i think it has been re-added recently. if using rc2 i think frodo fixed a problem with dvb-c (8th of oct) although that was for the netherlands. have you downloaded the latest cvs version?

i would re-add the section as then your card will be picked up correctly at least

danielpugh

Portal Member
October 12, 2005
<capturecard commercialname="Twinhan DVB-C" capturename="DTV-DVBC 878 Digital Capture Filter" devid="ven_109e&amp;dev_0878&amp;subsys_00011822&a mp;rev_11">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBC Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tunerdevice" name="DTV-DVBC 878 Digital Tuner Filter" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="DTV-DVBC 878 Digital Capture Filter" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

-----------------try above... i am guessing about the "microosft dvbc network provicer" but can see references to it in google, so fingers crossed. Not sure why its been removed!

danielpugh

Portal Member
October 12, 2005
twinhan have released newer versions of driver 1.2.2.9. the new stable version is 1.2.2.7. In both the driver names are the same, so the definition should remain the same from now on (thank goodness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom