Audio Codec: dscaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: accent ht400
Power Supply: elan evp-400
Remote: imon
TV: acer al2671w
TV - HTPC Connection: dvi

hi there,

i have two twinhan visionplus cards which work fine separately, but which start playing up when i have two installed. I have got them working concurrently using dntv live and mce so its not a hardware/driver issue. Can you help.

currently using the 1.2.1.7 (stable and preferred drivers)

and (1.2.2.7 most recent but slightly less stable)

i have tried the 1.3 stable release, but it would only work with 1 card.
i have installed the 2.0rc1 and then installed cvs and got a bit further.

Am i trying to do the impossible?

below is recent post to elite testers:
http://mediaportal.elite-squad.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please do this...

1. Use the latest 1.2.2.7 BDA drivers
    2. Do a clean installation of 0.1.3.0 (i.e. no previous files present)
    3. Grab the latest definition file
    4. Run Configuration (and configure all the other settings)
    5. Add the first Twinhan Card
    6. Set it to Priority 10
    7. Autotune your channels
    8. Add the second Twinhan Card
    9. Set the Priority to 1 (if not already)
    10. Map the tuned TV channels from Card 1 to Card 2 also. (TV -> TV Channels -> TV Cards tab)
    11. Exit Config after all the setting have been done.
    12. Start MediaPortal
    13. Go to MyTV
    14. Record the show - say BBC1
    15. Change channel - to say BBC2 after 10 seconds
    16. Switch back to BBC1 after 1 minute
    17. Stop the recording
    18. Exit MP

Post your MediaPortal.log file if a problem occurs.
    Also outline clearly what happened between steps 14-15 & 15-16.

DMAN

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Ill give this a try as well tomorrow as I just rebuild my MP box. Previously 2 cards did not work (but work in other programs) when 2xrecording and sometimes on recording/watching.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Note: 1.2.2.9 drivers have recently been released - please try them.

DMAN

danielpugh

Portal Member
    October 12, 2005
    ok

thanks for your reply. i did as described above (several times over the last month). i will clean out install and re-do - including removing the relevant .ax files from system32.

i will post logs in a couple of hours.

danielpugh

Portal Member
    October 12, 2005
    the results

well. The new drivers (1.2.2.9) make a big difference in that i think it is sort of working now!

step 13 - tv and audio, but very very jerky.
    step 14 - recording starts straight away
    step 15 - change channel to itv1 (bbc 2 is on the same transponder which might skew results)... which is quite difficult, as whole interface is suffering from lag.
    takes me a minute to realise that changing channel causes the tv to stop start tv on this channel which works, although again unwatchably jerky.

step 16 - jerkiness starting to reduce i think maybe a little

this is a whole lot better ... but there still seem to be the following problems:

1. although the drivers do work they are very jerky. this may be linked to writing on the hdd, but also signal strength. The question is why these drivers seem to pick up the signal so badly. i have a pace dual tuner pvr which picks up the signal fine. If i use the wdm drivers the signal will be fine. If i use bda v. 1.2.1.7 bda certified drivers the quality of viewing will be fine.
    2. is above affected by two cards. it will work fine with dntv live (dual cards although not tested with latest driver), much less jerky but still jerky in mce, fine for one card with gbpvr. Otherwise is it other hardware resources e.g. IO to hdd
    3. due to the on/ off via changing channels and jerkiness it was quite hard to tell what was working and what was not.

just checked the video, and it records bbc2 for 2 minutes then switches to record itv, so it looks like its failing to access the second card when changing channels this explains whats happens and the errors recorded in the error log!

danielpugh

Portal Member
    October 12, 2005
    logs

ps i cant see how to post the zipped up logs here. Am sure i have missed something. Well they're ready to upload when i can work out how.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: the results

danielpugh said:
    this is a whole lot better ... but there still seem to be the following problems:

1. although the drivers do work they are very jerky. this may be linked to writing on the hdd, but also signal strength. The question is why these drivers seem to pick up the signal so badly. i have a pace dual tuner pvr which picks up the signal fine. If i use the wdm drivers the signal will be fine. If i use bda v. 1.2.1.7 bda certified drivers the quality of viewing will be fine.
    2. is above affected by two cards. it will work fine with dntv live (dual cards although not tested with latest driver), much less jerky but still jerky in mce, fine for one card with gbpvr. Otherwise is it other hardware resources e.g. IO to hdd
    3. due to the on/ off via changing channels and jerkiness it was quite hard to tell what was working and what was not.

just checked the video, and it records bbc2 for 2 minutes then switches to record itv, so it looks like its failing to access the second card when changing channels this explains whats happens and the errors recorded in the error log!

1. Not our problem - take that up with Twinhan.
    2. Can be alot of factors based on you hardware setup - but commercial codecs such as Nvidia, Cyberlink or my favorite InterVideo should yield less CPU strain. As for PCI resources it should be fine but then again I don't know your system intimmately. Hopefully changing the codecs will make TV appear 'less jerky'.
    3. Seems like the second card was not used or assigned properly... but then I don't know as the MediaPortal.log file was not posted...

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK thanks...

This is the problem here...
    01/11/2005 18:09:26 DVBGraphBDA: unable to connect pins

Unfortunatley I forgot the logging with 0.1.3.0 was not so good so I don't know which connection it's having a problem with.

Pelase install UltraVNC, open up your required firewall ports and then PM me the IP address and password with some times you will be free tomorrow evening and I'll look to do this manually.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom