"Dummy" TV-Card for developers (1 Viewer)

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I'm programming on the Webinterface....but it's hard, as my server is a Virtual PC, and therefore doesn't have a TV-card.

I would be nice for us developers to have a Dummy TV-card to enable....I mean so the EPG data could be imported....and soo.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Would be good as well, skins especially you need a card to see all the menus which this pc doesnt have. Makes for a lot of extra testing.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    I have been developing a plugin for intergration between Xbox Media Center and Media Portal and I to dont have a TV card in my Dev machine. I just copy the database over from my production box and if I trash the one on my dev machine I just copy it over again.

This means that on my dev machine I have a database populated with a guide and a fake TV card that isn't there so recording obviously doesn't take place.

Seems to work fine for me.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thechad said:
    I have been developing a plugin for intergration between Xbox Media Center and Media Portal and I to dont have a TV card in my Dev machine. I just copy the database over from my production box and if I trash the one on my dev machine I just copy it over again.

This means that on my dev machine I have a database populated with a guide and a fake TV card that isn't there so recording obviously doesn't take place.

Seems to work fine for me.

Baahh....that's a work-around, not a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the air. They don't charge anything for it, so I'm somewhat puzzled. As a matter of fact, I had Media Portal about 10 years or so ago..maybe longer as time flies. I know at the time, it was not free but...
    Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the...
    First, I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32. I use the program for Satellite and ATSC TV. I live in the US. ATSC TV channels...
    Replies
    Views
    I found the resolution: I had set this registry value set to 0: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM] "EnableEvents"="0" As soon as I set it back to the default value 1, TV server did no longer say port 554 is bound and TV was working. On MediaPortal 1.4.0 and earlier the reg value could be set to 0 without any problem...
    I found the resolution: I had set this registry value set to 0: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    I've described my problem here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/satellite-tv-not-working-in-mediaportal-1-28.140530/ And...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks for your help.
    Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks...
    HI. I am having big problems with this. I went through the instructions online a couple of weeks ago and I seem to get the full TV...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi doskabouter I only use the line jump for the description. I modify the XmlTV file from EPG-Buddy with WebGrabPlus (rex) only in the description with \n. My new description is: Genre, year of production \n Original description \n Actors
    Hi doskabouter I only use the line jump for the description. I modify the XmlTV file from EPG-Buddy with WebGrabPlus (rex) only...
    Just installed 1.28, and the new XML EPG importer refuses to import the xml spit out by EPG-Buddy. Older versions of MP1 ingest it...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom