"Dummy" TV-Card for developers (1 Viewer)

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I'm programming on the Webinterface....but it's hard, as my server is a Virtual PC, and therefore doesn't have a TV-card.

I would be nice for us developers to have a Dummy TV-card to enable....I mean so the EPG data could be imported....and soo.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Would be good as well, skins especially you need a card to see all the menus which this pc doesnt have. Makes for a lot of extra testing.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    I have been developing a plugin for intergration between Xbox Media Center and Media Portal and I to dont have a TV card in my Dev machine. I just copy the database over from my production box and if I trash the one on my dev machine I just copy it over again.

This means that on my dev machine I have a database populated with a guide and a fake TV card that isn't there so recording obviously doesn't take place.

Seems to work fine for me.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    thechad said:
    I have been developing a plugin for intergration between Xbox Media Center and Media Portal and I to dont have a TV card in my Dev machine. I just copy the database over from my production box and if I trash the one on my dev machine I just copy it over again.

This means that on my dev machine I have a database populated with a guide and a fake TV card that isn't there so recording obviously doesn't take place.

Seems to work fine for me.

Baahh....that's a work-around, not a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom