Duplicate Album Titles & Album Artists (1 Viewer)

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
2 quick queries really;

-Firstly, I have several albums with the same name - is there a better way to view these independently than adding an albumartist line between album and track (with skip ticked if not applicable)? Currently I can either select Greatest Hits and have tracks from every Greatest Hits album appear or add the aforementioned artist selection

ie Greatest Hits appears twice, one by album artist A another by B. This appears as two albums in the main view. When selected, the album merges. I want to select Greatest Hits by album artist B and without further selection, only have those tracks appear.

-Secondly, is there a way to have the album artist displayed in the overarching Album view, or would this be governed at skin level?

Thanks

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The album view should show individual albums. Just checked and I have several albums listed in the album view for "Greatest Hits" and these are shown separately. Are you sure your albums are tagged correctly with artist and album artist tags?

For the second bit I am unclear as to what you want to do. Are you wanting to have the label displayed as something like "album artist - album"? If so this is kind of possible using in the skin but is quite messy.

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2005
    Thanks for the reply.

The albums ARE displayed seperately, but once selected, they merge :confused:

That is what I was getting at with the second question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom