Duplicate Entries - No Duplicate Movies! (2 Viewers)

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
Hi All,

I just fired up MePo, and noticed that all of my movies are duplicated all of a sudden. I know that last night, this wasn't the case. If I look at my database via the config manager, I can see that there are indeed duplicated entries.

Any ideas on how this happened/how to resolve this (without doing a full, fresh import)?

callsignapollo

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    how many video files in the directory of the duplicate movie, the following situations can lead to duplicates

1. Multiple part (file) movies not correctly identified as multipart files
    2. Sample video in same folder as movie
    3. Trailer video in same folder as movie

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    None.. I have a folder full of single file movies and that is all that is mapped in Moving Pictures.

Everything was fine last night, all of a sudden this morning, every entry is duplicated (ie. listed twice), despite only having one corresponding video file!

EDIT: I can confirm by choosing 'file details' that they are all pointing to the one single video file. The movie detail differs a bit though, is it possible I have entries showing up that were scraped originally, then again when I installed IMDB+?

I installed IMDB+ months ago..

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Open IMDb+ plugin in MediaPortal GUI (by default under settings) and then go to hidden menu (left arrow on default skin) and look to see if there is a "Force IMDb+" entry. This would indicate you have movie entries linked to another scraper-script (you can use that option to convert them over to IMDb+, though this might still cause double entries then).

You can also verify this via the "IMDb+ Info..." option and look at the info explaining how many movies are handled by IMDb+ and how many by others.

To further debug it, open MovPic config, switch to the "Movie Manager" tab and switch to "File Info" mode. Then see if you can spot the difference between any of the multiple movie entries you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom