Duplicate File Entries After Deletion from DB and/or Import (1 Viewer)

MrRedrum

April 10, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've had a bit of a problem with this with some of my shows but it was never really a priority until recently as it's now becoming quite annoying. I believe I may have two problems, but either way they both have the same result. I might have a hard time trying to explain what's going on, but please bear with me.

Basically, after importing an episode and/or season/show and being 'forced' to delete it to add it again, because for w/e reason it didn't grab any information from the TVDB even though it did during the import, I'll get a 1 to 1 result for the correct file(s) a second time, but after everything is all said and done, I'll have multiple entries for a single file or multiple files. These entries will share the exact same file and path with one another (as there is only one file), however, one will be labeled correclty (e.g. Bleach Season 16 Episode 08) and the other will have the correct season but will be episode 0; e.g. Bleach Season 16 Episode 0. If I delete episode 0, it will also remove the correctly labeled episode 8 and the same goes for hiding it.

My second problem, which as far as I can tell, seems to stem from the same issue. I'll either accidentally mess up the import by incorrectly labeling a given episode and I need to rescan it so I can set it correctly or I foolishly deleted the series so I could move it to a new HDD unaware that MP-TVSeries would rescan it correctly for me allowing me to simply remove the unused path. What then happens is I'll run the import again to fix my previous mistake of incorrectly labeling the episode count or fix the new path, but now the importer won't recognize the file for whatever reason and I'll be forced to move it to a new folder so it can be recognized, then resulting in giving me duplicate entries, one that doesn't exist anymore and one that is correct. It should probably be noted that I've been able to delete a file from the DB before & move it to a new folder to have it get rescanned correctly, without getting a non-existent duplicate entry from the previous path.

As an example, Zetman was moved correctly from one HDD to another, MPTV picked up on the change & everything was fine, so I then removed the now unused path from the import list with no problems to be had anywhere; in this instance at least. A new episode has just recently been released and thus added to the folder, but as I was importing it I goofed up and labeled it as episode 1, when it is in fact episode 2. The goof up resulted in giving me two episode 1's because it skipped "Step 3 of 4: Identifying Episodes" section since I already had an episode 1 I guess. I then deleted the mislabeled episode, ran the import again, correctly labeled it as episode 2 this time & everything is fine with that file. However, since I deleted one of the episode 1 entries, it removed both of them (don't know why?) requiring me to run the import again only to have it not return a result for the correct episode 1 file that was working previously. So I then move the episode 1 file to a new folder (that has proven successful in the past) so it will return a result, the importer finds the file in a new folder, but when it gets to Step 3 of 4, I now see two results for episode 1, one is for the path with the new folder and the other is for the previous working path. If I delete the entry from the DB that doesn't exist, it will remove both episode 1's again and the process will repeat itself resulting in nothing, and again, the same goes for hiding the incorrect entry. If I launch MediaPortal (I use the StreamedMP skin) and go to the series with the double episodes it'll show that the non-existent episode 1 is 'offline' which it isn't because there's nothing there for it to target not to mention they use the same path on the same HDD, except that the correct working one is one folder lower. e.g. M:\[Anime]\Zetman and M:\[Anime]\Zetman\S01E01

The second problem is the newest and I don't know how it actually started. I really would like to avoid having to rebuild my DB or go back to a previous backup. The last backup I made was unfortunately a couple months ago and a lot has been added since then so as you can imagine, it would take entirely way too much time. To make things worse about reverting the DB or starting from scratch, I have quite a bit of anime that isn't renamed into a standard naming convention so I have to manually import each file 1 by 1, which may have resulted in some of these issues in the first place.

If you were wondering at all, I only have about 14 instances of the episode 0 issue out of the 6710 episodes currently added and only 4 instances of series with the double episode issue. It shouldn't make a difference, but all 4 instances are all on the same HDD and took place within the past week. 3 of those instances arose after and probably because of the 'incorrect' (in MPTV terms) move between HDD's, and the last only happened after the Zetman example given above.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MP-TVSeries is on version: 3.2.0.1928 (shouldn't it be labeled as 3.2.1.1928?), MediaPortal version: 1.2.1.0, StreamedMP version: 1.7.6.3093. I don't know what logs you would want me to submit or how to exactly go about doing that, if you even need them at all. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope I included enough clear information that can help resolve these weird issues I'm facing, otherwise I guess I'll be forced to just live with it. Thanks for any and all help that can be provided. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom