[confirm] Duplicate recording of same espisode (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirscho

Portal Pro
December 24, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: MP 1.2 RC
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit
CPU Type: Intel Core Duo, 2.4GHz
HDD: Caviar Green, WD10EADS, 1 TB
Memory: Corsair TwinX 2x 1024MB DDR2-675, Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G DDR2 2GB 800MHz PC2-6400 CL6
Motherboard: Asus P5QL/EPU
Video Card: HIS Radeon 5570
Video Card Driver: 11.4
Sound Card: VIA VT1708S, 8 channel
Sound Card AC3: AC3 optical
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.7400, 08-17-2009
1. TV Card: Azurewave AD-SP400 / Twinhan DVB-S2 CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver: 1.1.2.700
2. TV Card: TechniSat SkyStar HD2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 1.1.2.700
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10), Kombi
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
HTPC Case: Silverstone GD-01S-MX
Cooling: Ultra Silent-Kühler NoiseMagic XP-120 NMT Papst
Power Supply: 400 Watt Ultra-Silent NoiseMagic Enermax Liberty
Remote: Harmony 555 with iMon
TV: Samsung LE-46A656
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

After installing 1.2.0 RC episodes of a TV series with same the name are recorded twice, even if the "check episode of already recorded program" is set (see picture.)

I will deliver logs later, since I have to wait until Monday to reproduce the situation.

Attachments

• Prevent duplicates.jpg
    Prevent duplicates.jpg
    13.2 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After installing 1.2.0 RC episodes of a TV series with same the name are recorded twice, even if the "check episode of already recorded program" is set (see picture.)

I will deliver logs later, since I have to wait until Monday to reproduce the situation.

But does your EPG actually contain the information in the <EPISODENAME> tag? Mine does not, so this could never work for me.

Mark

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mark

Thanks for the fast reply.

I am using the "TV Movie EPG Import" plugin in TV Server and it fills the episode name correctly as you can see in the screen shot from the TV database.

Oliver

Attachments

• Scrubs.jpg
      Scrubs.jpg
      47.8 KB

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I've seen some duplicate recordings but when this happens it looks like there are slight differences in the program length causing MP to think that it has a bad privious recording.

This show was recorded twice with different show length at 58 minutes and 59 minutes.

Code:
    2011-09-17 21:53:03.797432 [scheduler thread(10)]: Scheduler: Check recordings for schedule Survivor: Oileán an tSlánaithe...
    2011-09-17 21:53:03.815433 [scheduler thread(10)]: Scheduler: Schedule Survivor: Oileán an tSlánaithe (We Hate Our Tribe) had already been started - expect previous failure and try to resume...
    2011-09-17 21:53:03.816433 [scheduler thread(10)]: Scheduler: Time to record TG4 21:53-22:50 Survivor: Oileán an tSlánaithe

Perhaps a check can be added for this? say a threshold of a minute or two, ideally user defined.

Thanks.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Copied from another thread

can you provide screenshots of these duplicates? Based on episode number as the key, the following fields in the program table (new recording) and recording table (existing recording)

Program Title
    Series Number
    Episode Number
    Episode Part

Then the programs need to not overlap. Currently TV server will assume that if the times overlap that it was a failed recording and needs to be restarted.
    then finally it actually checks if the program exists (the filename column in the recording table)

So if you have kept the xml files but deleted the TS files then this will not be recognised as an existing recording (it will be assumed to be corrupt)

To clarify the overlap thing too.

If the start time of the existing recording <= the end time of the new recording (plus any post record setting) for the new recording and
    the end time of the existing recording >= the start time of the new recording (less and pre record setting)

So if the program was two hours long and started on a +1 channel then it would assume that the +1 program was actually a failed recording and it will kick off a new recording.

Not ideal logic but that is how it works

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello

I can now deliver some logs for the tvserver. Please have a look at line 1085 of the TV.log where the episode "Meine Theorie" is recorded. This episode was already recorded 04. May 2011. It's on my disk and in the TV server database.

2011-09-19 13:40:08.774539 [scheduler thread(33)]: Scheduler: Check recordings for schedule Scrubs - Die Anfänger...
    2011-09-19 13:40:08.805541 [scheduler thread(33)]: Scheduler: Schedule Scrubs - Die Anfänger (Meine Theorie) had already been started - expect previous failure and try to resume...
    2011-09-19 13:40:08.807541 [scheduler thread(33)]: Scheduler: Time to record ProSieben 13:40-14:15 Scrubs - Die Anfänger
    2011-09-19 13:40:08.807541 [scheduler thread(33)]: Controller: find free card for channel ProSieben

Attachments

• Database.jpg
      Database.jpg
      25.5 KB
    • Recordings.jpg
      Recordings.jpg
      34.7 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Please run the following queries and output the screen shots
    Code:
    select title, startTime, endTime, episodeName, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart from recording where title = 'Scrubs - Die Anfänger';
    Code:
    select title, startTime, endTime, episodeName, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart from program where title = 'Scrubs - Die Anfänger';

Only way to get to that output in log is for
    Code:
    if (pastRecordings[i].StartTime <= newRecording.Program.EndTime.AddMinutes(newRecording.Schedule.PostRecordInterval) &&
                          pastRecordings[i].EndTime >= newRecording.Program.StartTime.AddMinutes(-newRecording.Schedule.PreRecordInterval))
    to evaluate to false

mm am I not seeing something obvious here ???

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Code:
    if (pastRecordings[i].StartTime <= newRecording.Program.EndTime.AddMinutes(newRecording.Schedule.PostRecordInterval) &&
                          pastRecordings[i].EndTime >= newRecording.Program.StartTime.AddMinutes(-newRecording.Schedule.PreRecordInterval))

Is the date being taken into account somewhere in the logic?

Hirscho's dupe looks similar to mine in that recordings are on different days. BTW I don't use any +1 channels, for my dupe the same show is repeated twice per week.

Here's the SQL query:

Code:
    select title, startTime, endTime, episodeName, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart from recording where title = 'Survivor: Oileán an tSlánaithe';

'Survivor: Oileán an tSlánaithe', '2011-09-14 19:28:03', '2011-09-14 20:27:04', 'We Hate Our Tribe', '22', '5/17', ''
    'Survivor: Oileán an tSlánaithe', '2011-09-17 21:53:04', '2011-09-17 22:52:00', 'We Hate Our Tribe', '22', '5/17', ''

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Hi
    I was posting on the other thread relating to this too. I am new to MP so have been learning where everything lives so far, but am getting more familiar with everything now.
    I am getting the same type of message in the logs, with the correct data in all the MySQL tables. I can post copies but they are essentially the same as what has already been posted.

The comment by Pog about the date being included as well as the time seems reasonable but presumably wouldn't capture all of these instances - although I haven't looked if all the examples here have overlapped times.

Another thought I had is that this would also happen if newRecording was somehow included in pastRecordings? Then the logic would be false every time. Otherwise, if the only way that that message can appear in the log is with an overlap, I can't see what's wrong with the logic for defining one.

Given that this seems to happen with different dates as well as the +1 channels would suggest that it isn't related to the ordering of exiting whatever routine this is contained in. (ie at first I wondered if it was restarting the +1 epsiode every time because the first old recording it found that matched is one that hasn't finished yet and that caused the restart no matter whether another duplicate was found in the recording table)

I have installed the TVWishList plugin now, which is great for topping up programs that you don't know are on yet, but would like to be able to use the main TV section for recording new series. That plugin contains many things which would be useful for the main TV plugin. Having 2 doesn't make sense.

Has this been confirmed as a bug yet or are we waiting for something else to happen?

Cheers, and good work guys. I've just become confident enough that I'll be using something like this to order one of the new Zotac nano's. And will be ebaying my SageTV HD300...
    Ben

Evzen

Portal Member
    February 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I'm experiencing this problem too since upgrading to 1.2.x. It did not happen before in 1.1.2, I had absolutely no problems with duplicates.
    Same setup (Episode key is the Episode Number), same symptoms (and log records about "trying to resume") as hirscho.

The show is premiered one day in the evening prime time and repeated few days later in the night on the same channel (with slightly different total length... due to less amount of commercial breaks, obviously).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom