DVB-C Channel Scan Full (Germany) (2 Viewers)

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
after a fresh MP install, I'm having trouble to get all channels from my provider (Netcologne).
I tried provider 'Germany full', but most surprisingly this scan doesn' t fidn any channels at all.
Scanning other providers finds some channels, but not all, and some of the channels found are not working.
I did a scan with dvbviewer, all channels are found and working.
How can I do such a complete scan with MP (as 'Germany full' does not seem to work).

(I'm using a Cine-CT Card from Digital Devices)

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
I did a scan with dvbviewer, all channels are found and working.

Can't you use that list (.m3u file?) for MP too?

Hi Holzi, thanks for your quick reply.
I don't see any way how I could do that. I can think of .m3u files in context with IPTV, but not with DBC-C.
Dvbviewer scans the channels using its own transponer lists.
I could use this list, but I had to transform it to the XML-format expected by MP.

BTW: I made some more scans using 'Germany full', now a few channels are found, but some are still missing.
I cannot see why dvbviewer find all at the first try, while MP obviously needs serveral scans to find all channels...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The best way is to scan for a transponder list (advanced tuning). You need to enter one valid tuning detail for transponder (frequency+modulation) and then scan. Usually the provider broadcast a list of used transponders, which the engine then scans.

The result is also saved as "manual scan" tuning details file for later usage (or upload here).

See related wiki pages: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...dvanced_Tuning_Options/3_DVB-C_Tuning_Details and http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...dvanced_Tuning_Options/1_DVB-S_Tuning_Details (Scan type: "search for transponder list")

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The best way is to scan for a transponder list (advanced tuning). You need to enter one valid tuning detail for transponder (frequency+modulation) and then scan. Usually the provider broadcast a list of used transponders, which the engine then scans.
    Thanks morpheus, I'll try that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom