DVB-C radio not working (1 Viewer)

torrinha

Portal Pro
October 14, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
@Owlsroost:

just tested the attached TsWriter, but had no luck with it. :confused:

I recorded and attached a sample of a radio channel playing in ProgDVB.
Hope it helps...

Attachments

• ts_sample.zip
    1.4 MB

torrinha

Portal Pro
October 14, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Sure!
I did both tests again (TV Server preview and MediaPortal Client).

This time the MP Client log is a little 'full'...
I did not disabled some plugins, but I think it has nothing to do with the problem...

Attachments

• MPClient.zip
    310.9 KB
  • TV_SERVER_Preview.zip
    19.1 KB

hello_joe

Portal Member
April 2, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hmmm, maybe something is still not right in the TsWriter because I don't see it starting to throttle the buffer size yet.
Is the TS file size still zero?

hello_joe

Portal Member
April 2, 2013
Home Country
@Owlsroost

MPEG 2 spec page 47 (TS_program_map_section)
PCR_PID – This is a 13-bit field indicating the PID of the Transport Stream packets which shall contain the PCR fields
valid for the program specified by program_number. If no PCR is associated with a program definition for private
streams, then this field shall take the value of 0x1FFF. Refer to the semantic definition of PCR in 2.4.3.5 and Table 2-3
for restrictions on the choice of PCR_PID value.

So maybe this channel does not have PCR at all, in which case TsWriter presently can't support timeshifting/recording it.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Owlsroost

MPEG 2 spec page 47 (TS_program_map_section)
    PCR_PID – This is a 13-bit field indicating the PID of the Transport Stream packets which shall contain the PCR fields
    valid for the program specified by program_number. If no PCR is associated with a program definition for private
    streams, then this field shall take the value of 0x1FFF. Refer to the semantic definition of PCR in 2.4.3.5 and Table 2-3
    for restrictions on the choice of PCR_PID value.

So maybe this channel does not have PCR at all, in which case TsWriter presently can't support timeshifting/recording it.

I was just thinking that might be the problem myself......I think you are correct....TsReader.ax can't play the sample recording either (for the same reason - it can't handle streams without a PCR).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Managed to modify TsReader.ax so it can play the stream (y) - think about TsWriter next (although that might take longer....not very familiar with the code)

hello_joe

Portal Member
    April 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Managed to modify TsReader.ax so it can play the stream (y) - think about TsWriter next (although that might take longer....not very familiar with the code)
    Are you modifying TsReader/TsWriter to be able to play streams without PCR (eg. by reconstructing PCR on the fly), or are you modifying them to find the PCR in alternate streams?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom