DVB/C - RTL AC3 Stream Audio Dropouts (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i'm not sure, if this issue is 1.16.0 pre related, but maybe another user can confirm it. Today i've noticed a lot of audio dropouts with RTL TV, only the AC3 stream. With other stations and MPEG streams all is working fine. Logs are attached.

Best regards
    Helios

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya :)

I can't see anything suspicious in the TsWriter or TsReader log files. On that basis I'd say there's no reason for stuttering to be happening (eg. low signal strength/quality, or high disk load), and so it doesn't look like a MediaPortal problem. Maybe there's a temporary problem with the provider's AC3 encoding...

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @mm1352000 ,

Thanks for reply. I've already thought so, but i will continue monitoring this behaviour. Unfortunately i watch RTL very rarely, only for some sport events (Football/Soccer, Boxing, F1).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The other possibility is an HDMI/receiver issue.
    You could make a short recording which includes a dropout, then upload it for me to check. If I can play the recording without a problem, it will be likely that the problem is caused by something in your environment.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You could make a short recording which includes a dropout, then upload it for me to check. If I can play the recording without a problem, it will be likely that the problem is caused by something in your environment.
    Thanks for the hint. Have testet the recording with my Office-PC (attached BT Speaker) and the file sounds fine. But it is very strange :confused:, because it happens only with RTL AC3 stream (tested with 2 PC's connected with HDMI to Yamaha AVR). Movies and other TV-Stations with AC3 Audio are working fine. Link to the test recording ->Link<-

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next test: With my Fritz!Box i am able to save TV-stations as playlist and play these in MPC/HC. Same issue: stuttering AC3 Sound. So the issue is definetly not related to MP. Maybe interesting, while playback i've noticed flickering AC3 notification in AVR display.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I see a small glitch in that file when the police-woman is talking at approximately 14 seconds.

[edit: ...but again, no notifications in the log files.]

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I assume, that the issue is LAV Audio related. have disabled AC3 passthrough in LAV Audio and the file sounds fine.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I assume, that the issue is LAV Audio related. have disabled AC3 passthrough in LAV Audio and the file sounds fine.
    Not necessarily LAV. If you disable pass-through it means that LAV is decoding the stream instead of your receiver. So, maybe the AVR is having problems decoding the stream. I suppose the problem could be with LAV passing the stream through (bit-streaming?), or the driver for the audio output you're using... but both of those options seem less likely to me.
    For what it's worth, I'm using AC3Filter -> down-mixing -> analog output -> stereo PC speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom