DVB/C - RTL AC3 Stream Audio Dropouts (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not necessarily LAV.
    Agree, but IMO it is a filter issue. Have made some tests more:
    1. Playback in MP with LAV Audio (passthrough): Drop Outs
    2. Playback in MP with AC3Filter (passthrough): Drop Outs
    3. Playback in MP with MS DTV-DVD Audio (passthrough): fine
    4. Have demuxed the audio stream from the .ts container. Playback of the ac3 stream in Foobar2000 (WASAPI) ist working fine without dropouts. In MPC/HC (LAV Audio) again dropouts.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    3. Playback in MP with MS DTV-DVD Audio (passthrough): fine
    What do you mean by pass-through?
    I've been thinking you mean "bit-stream". I could very well be mistaken, but I didn't think that the MS audio codec had the ability to bit-stream, so I'm confused.

4. Have demuxed the audio stream from the .ts container. Playback of the ac3 stream in Foobar2000 (WASAPI) ist working fine without dropouts.
    To me this doesn't clearly prove anything.
    If the problem is caused by the provider's muxing, it's entirely possible that remuxing/demuxing-to-elementary-stream would solve it. I say "possible" because remuxing/demuxing can remove or change timing info, and for all we know right now, bad timing info may be the source of the problem.

In other words, the point I'm trying to make is that based on all the information you've reported so far (and the result of my own test), to me it seems more likely that the broadcast stream has some kind of problem, and less likely that the cause is anything related to filters. For LAV, AC3Filter and MPC-HC to all have some kind of problem that MS DTV/DVD doesn't have... it just seems too unlikely.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean by pass-through?
    I've been thinking you mean "bit-stream".
    Yes, i mean "bit-stream" :).

I could very well be mistaken, but I didn't think that the MS audio codec had the ability to bit-stream, so I'm confused.
    I'm not sure, because the MS Codec shows DD 2.0 in AVR OSD (same as with LAV Audio/bit-stream).

I say "possible" because remuxing/demuxing can remove or change timing info, and for all we know right now, bad timing info may be the source of the problem.

Playback of the .ac3 file ->Link<- in MPC-HC (LAV-Audio) has dropouts too.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @mm1352000 ,
    the issue seems to be over. I didn't have noticed dropouts within the last days. I've reported this issue in LAV thread too ->Link<-. nevcairiel and user manolito (#21778) reported that the stream seems to be broken.
    Thanks for your support and help.
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom