DVB EPG not sorted correctly (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Portal Member
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Australia Australia
When displaying the TV guide, the TV stations are not properly sorted and displayed, no matter how the channel number sort is setup.

ie. The ABC channel numbers are displayed as:
10 ABC news
11 ABC
12 ABC2/Kids
13 ABC ME

29 ABC-HD

Instead of:
20 ABC-HD
21 ABC
22 ABC2/Kids
23 ABC ME
24 ABC News 24

In version 1.15, this displays correctly.

Please advise if hardware template did not attach correctly.

Attachments

• MP-test.txt
    2.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

In version 1.15, this displays correctly.
    Nothing has changed with respect to channel numbering and ordering in MP 1.16 PR.

When displaying the TV guide, the TV stations are not properly sorted and displayed, no matter how the channel number sort is setup.
    Sorry to ask what may be obvious questions, but I have to double check:
    1. In TV Server Configuration -> TV Channels section, have you configured your channels with correct channel numbers?
    2. In TV Server Configuration -> TV Channels section, have you configured the channel order within the channel groups that you're looking at? Note that the order on the first tab ("TV Channels") is irrelevant; you set the channel order on the other channel group tabs.
    In addition to the above, I can see from the configuration file included with the log files that you have enabled "select channel by index (non US)" in MediaPortal Configuration -> TV/radio section -> TV sub-section. That means that the numbers shown in the guide will be the index (ie. first channel will be numbered 1, second channel will be numbered 2 etc.) instead of the channel number. If that's not what you want, you should disable the "select channel by index" option.

JohnS

Portal Member
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK,
    With the Australian digital channels, they have repeated the 1st channel, i.e. you have ABC2 and ABC21 as the same channel.
    The EPG information is only on ABC2, so if you remove that from the channel list you get no EPG and the channel numbers default to 10000.
    Obviously, what I was doing was deleting the first occurrence of the channel, hence no EPG. The same applies to the other transponders.

But, if you renumber the channel. i.e. ABC2 to ABC19, it still appears as the first channel on the list and does not sort into the ABC list of channels - see attached.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• channel list.jpg
      channel list.jpg
      319.5 KB
    • ABC 2 Channel number changed.jpg
      ABC 2 Channel number changed.jpg
      214.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The EPG information is only on ABC2, so if you remove that from the channel list you get no EPG...
    So the right thing to do would be to remove ABC21 instead, right?

...and the channel numbers default to 10000.
    Yes, channel numbers do default to 10000 when TV Server is not able to pick up channel numbers during the scan. In that case you have to go in and set the channel numbers manually. That's exactly why my first question to you was: have you configured your channel numbers.

Obviously, what I was doing was deleting the first occurrence of the channel, hence no EPG. The same applies to the other transponders.
    So you're saying that the EPG problem is solved, right?

But, if you renumber the channel. i.e. ABC2 to ABC19, it still appears as the first channel on the list and does not sort into the ABC list of channels - see attached.
    As I indicated in my previous reply: you set the sort order in TV Server Configuration -> TV Channels section -> [group name] tab.
    So for example: you set the sort order for the "All Channels" group in the "All Channels" tab in TV Server Configuration -> TV Channels section. Mucking around anywhere else will make no difference. In particular, be aware that sort order is completely independent from channel numbering. Setting a channel's number to 19 will not change its sort position at all.

JohnS

Portal Member
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No and
    Yes, you are correct that you turn off ABC21, BUT
    If you have a look at the previous attachments, you will see how the channels display with ABC2 displayed first.
    Then in the other attachment, you can see that, even though the channel has been renumbered, it still appears
    as the first channel. It has not been sorted so that it appears in the ABC group - 20, 21, 22, 23 etc.

Hope that makes it clearer.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you have a look at the previous attachments, you will see how the channels display with ABC2 displayed first.
    Then in the other attachment, you can see that, even though the channel has been renumbered, it still appears
    as the first channel. It has not been sorted so that it appears in the ABC group - 20, 21, 22, 23 etc.
    Yes, I understand this part.
    In my previous reply I explained that the channel number and sort order/position are completely unrelated.
    You've set the channel number, but you have to set the sort order too. I explained how to set the sort order in my previous reply.

JohnS

Portal Member
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK,
    Think I have it now,
    The only place you can change the sort order is from the "all channels" group, even though you can move
    channels up and down from any sub group. Changing the channel number only changes the displayed number.

Many thanks, it is now sorted correctly and displaying the correct channel numbers.

I think we can call it solved.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The only place you can change the sort order is from the "all channels" group, even though you can move
    channels up and down from any sub group. Changing the channel number only changes the displayed number.
    Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom