DVB-EPG produce one short TV freeze (1 Viewer)

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
I get one short (~1-3 sec.) freeze of TV picture and audio after a channel change and watching ~1-3min.
If i disable DVB EPG grabbing completely i have no freeze.
I have tested different DVB EPG settings with no success ("EPG grabbing while idle" was always disabled).
Current DVB EPG settings
[x] Always try to update existing entries
[x] Enable CRC check
[x] EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording
[x] Store data only for selected channels
My thoughts about this issue:
In epg.log i see entry's like "TimeshiftingEpgGrabber: OnEPGReceived got 109 channels".
This looks like that my DVB-C provider transmits EPG data for 109 channels on some channels.
So maybe because of this huge amount of data the EPG grabber uses to much system recourses
and other threads/tasks (e.g. tswriter, ...) are shortly blocked?
Maybe a to high priority for EPG grabber compared to other threads/tasks?

Steps to Reproduce:
- DVB-EPG grabber enabled
- Start Live-TV
- Switch to a channel
- Wait for ~1-3min

Last edited:

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Additional notice: This TV freeze exists also in timeshift buffer if i step back and watch the affected section again.

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Same issue also in MediaPortal 1.2.3

It seems that my issue is a very specific one because there are still no commends and no views to the posted log files after more than 5 weeks. :(

Just for my understanding:
Is EPG data for 109 channels a normal amount of data on one channel, which should be handled by DVB EPG grabber without problems?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello zunixnuz

I'm sorry nobody responded to you earlier.
    To be honest, I can't see the relationship between the EPG grabber and the freeze.
    In the logs you try to view two channels: GoTV and N24.
    According to your explanation of the problem, I'd expect a freeze in the channel change, caused by EPG grabbing on GoTV. However GoTV isn't configured as a channel to grab EPG from:
    2012-03-04 18:01:24.428533 [(5)]: TimeshiftingEPG: channel GoTV is not configured for grabbing epg
    So the bug report does not make sense to me.
    I can see that the client-side graph is rebuilt because of a difference in video resolution between the two channels, but this is normal.
    I'm setting the thread status to "further infos required" because we can do nothing without a more detail explanation of the issue.

mm

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi mm1352000,
    thank you for your interest!
    I have made a new debug log with following procedure:
    1) Manually deleted all old log files.
    2) Enabled DVB-EPG grabbing for channel "RTL" and "ProSieben" (for this example) in TvServer configuration.
    3) Start MediaPortal in Debug Mode and TV on channel "RTL" => after ~1,5-2 minutes i had one short picture and audio freeze.
    4) Changed TV channel to "ProSieben" => after ~1,5-2 minutes i had one short picture and audio freeze.
    5) Stopped TV and exit MediaPortal, log has been created.
    If i disable DVB-EPG grabbing on these example channels i have never a freeze on these channels.
    The same behavior i can reproduce on other channels if DVB-EPG grabbing is enabled on those channels.

Thanks for looking on this!

TvServerDvbEpg1.jpgTvServerDvbEpg2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom