DVB Open-Source code available (2 Viewers)

nate

Portal Member
October 29, 2004
We had quite a discussion on the dvbowners forum about how to distinguish multiple identical tuner from each other. In the end we decided that the proper way to tell which capture device belongs to each tuner device is to try to connect them. If the drivers adhere to the standards then they should only connect if they are from the same card. Then you can just use the DisplayName for each tuner internally and still show the friendly name to the user.

see http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?act=ST&f=26&t=1118&hl=&view=findpost&p=13182

I don't have a reference to any official docementation.

This is the way DVB Web Scheduler does it, and is the way DigitalWatch will do it in the next release.

If you want to see some of my new code DW then let me know. It's in C++, but it'll give you the idea.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Nate!
    Your codeing expertise are most welcome :wink:
    If you have some free time away from DigiWatch to give BionicDonkey some more pointers then that would be great!

DMAN

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Sydney :: Australia
    here's the latest that i've done...it's been a few days since i've done anything but should be able to do some more now.

http://home.exetel.com.au/bionicdonkey/Configuration.200411011200.rar
    http://home.exetel.com.au/bionicdonkey/Filters.rar

Filters.cs will need to be replaced in DShowNET and rebuilt.
    Remember to back up your files before replacing.

preety much the only this i've done is with the capture cards section. i've broken it into analogue and digital sections. i could use people help with how things are to be integrated. i don't want to change the existing code structure to much, but the difference between the two is enough to cause a bit of trouble. let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
    Josh

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wanted to inform you guys that Agree is working on DVB-S support.
    His is not going the Graph way but will be directly talking to the driver.
    (don't ask me for details, I heard them but cannot reproduce them)

The way he is going you will also be able to use the dvbprog plugins (like softcams,external cardreaders, ac3 etc). And you get the raw stuff out of the stream like epg data, and you could show multiple channels with 1 tuner as long as they r on the same transponder.

Now, this is a really different approuch but also sounds very good.
    It should also work on dvb-t etc.

I ordered a DVB-S card (skystar 2) so I will also be testing this stuff out

Now, please all keep working on your solution!
    I just wanted to tell you all what is going on in MP land :)

We will absolutely have DVB support soon :))

Great stuff...

bionicdonkey

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Sydney :: Australia
    thanks mario,

certainly is a different approach, but we both sould have pretty similar results. except mine won't have dvbplugin support. the other stuff can be done with directshow, i just might have to port a few more things to C#.

Also can some people test the link in my lat post, i've had a report that they don't work, but they i can't find a problem.

regards,
    josh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom