DVB Radio Metadata in MP? (1 Viewer)

jimeee

October 25, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi All, I'm a new MP convert. So far so good!
Is there a way to get MP to show the artist/song name when listening to DVB radio on the default radio plugin? (I'm listening on DVB-T in the UK.)
Is this metadata available in the DVB transmission stream as it is on DAB?
I've tried searching the forum and google for help with this but have come up empty so far.
Thanks!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there a way to get MP to show the artist/song name when listening to DVB radio on the default radio plugin? (I'm listening on DVB-T in the UK.) Is this metadata available in the DVB transmission stream as it is on DAB?
    The radio channels broadcast as part of the DVB-T MUXes use the same EPG mechanism as the TV channels. The EPG info is not dynamic enough to show info for individual songs or music tracks.

There are other EPG sources available for the UK, some of which requirement payment of a monthly/annual fee, but they similarly are not dynamic enough to show info for individual tracks.

If you really want this info, you would need to purchase a DAB tuner that can be used with an HTPC, and be controlled by Media Portal (or other HTPC software). There may be such a device, but I am not aware of any (but then, I have never looked for one!).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP/TV Server don't support DAB/DAB+ tuners. There is no standard Microsoft API for DAB like there is for DVB-* and ATSC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom