DVB-S EPG broken on one channel (1 Viewer)

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For some reason my system has stopped showing EPG for BBC3 on Freesat DVB-S. Other DVB-S channels show EPG, as does BBC3 on terrestrial DVB-T. It was working up until a week or so ago.

Some channels recently moved and had duplicates, where only one of the duplicate channels had EPG (BBC4 was one of those), but this doesn't seem to be the case for BBC3 - even after a few rescans there is only one BBC3 listed on DVB-S.

Is there something simple I should look at (corrupt DB file or something, although I run a MySQL file check regularly and it claims everything is OK) or do I need to post logs? How does MP link the EPG to the channel - is it possible the channel could be working and the EPG is there but they somehow aren't being linked because of some channel number issue?

BBC3 is working on DVB-S, BTW, just no EPG.

Rob

Last edited:

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, also with BBC Four. Other BBC's and ITV's are ok.
    I reverted to WebEPG (digiguide) for these channels to get EPG.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    BBC Four is OK on my system, although it did move recently - the scan picked up a new copy of BBC4 with a different channel ID, and that one works and has EPG. There doesn't seem to be any copy of BBC3 on freesat with working EPG though. Works fine on terrestrial.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    in epg.log you can see if any epg information was received from the channel
    Thanks for that. I had a look in my epg.log and there is no BBC THREE in the log from the DVB-S grab (it is only mentioned under the DVB-T grab). I wonder if the "Freesat Info" radio channel no longer has everything (although all the other BBC channels are still getting EPG).

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    tune to freesat info radio channel and check your epg.log - every channel info contained in received EPG is shown here (together with following action - either written to DB or not written because of any reason logged).

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    Here's my epg log. It looks like BBC THREE has no epg information on Freesat Info any more. Can this be true? If so, does anybody know of another place to get freesat epg? I know I could use webepg but it just seems very odd that one channel has disappeared from the list!

Rob

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    It is MP's built in protection feature trying to protect you from watching rubbish on BBC Three ;)

Seems odd, but then I'm not getting EPG data for Yesterday, Dave, Quest etc, etc after a clean install. I need to do a clean scan again methinks o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom