[confirm] DVB-S NIT/channel scanning is broken? (1 Viewer)

sofakng

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.6 r27742
Windows Version: Windows 7 x86
1. TV Card: Genpix Skywalker-2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: BDA driver
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Dish Network

I'm trying to scan for DVB-S transponders using the "search for transponder list" but it seems broken.

After starting to scan it displays the transponders but each one has "ONID: -1 TSID: -1 SID: -1 PMT: 0xFFFFFFFF". Furthermore, the transponders listed seem to have strange frequencies. For example, it displays "12632208" instead of "12632000".

When the NIT scan is done and it starts scanning each transponder, it only finds one or two channels which isn't correct.

I've attached my logs...

Thanks for any help.

sofakng

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Actually, I can't even tune to a single transponder.

My log shows this strange error:
Code:
2011-04-02 09:14:22.801370 [(13)]: dvb:SubmitTuneRequest  returns:0x1 - S_FALSEThe file %2 could not be processed by the application %1 because it requires Indeo® Decoders of type %3
Do I need to install something? (MediaPortal 1.1.3 worked fine and DVBDream works fine, etc)

EDIT: I've tried scanning again and now I don't get the error so I have no idea. I've attached another set of logs where I just scanned a single transponder.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi sofakng

Actually, I can't even tune to a single transponder.

My log shows this strange error:
    Code:
    2011-04-02 09:14:22.801370 [(13)]: dvb:SubmitTuneRequest  returns:0x1 - S_FALSEThe file %2 could not be processed by the application %1 because it requires Indeo® Decoders of type %3
    Do I need to install something? (MediaPortal 1.1.3 worked fine and DVBDream works fine, etc)

EDIT: I've tried scanning again and now I don't get the error so I have no idea. I've attached another set of logs where I just scanned a single transponder.

That "error" seems to be common to a number of tuners. I say "error" because I believe that it actually means that the tuner is already tuned. There is a trial fix for this in MP 1.2.0b. If there are no problems with the fix (which there haven't been so far) then it should be included in 1.2.0rc +.

Regarding NIT scanning: have you checked with an application like TransEdit to see what the NIT actually contains? Unless you can confirm that TV Server is reading the NIT incorrectly we have to consider this as a non-bug - we can't make providers transmit the correct frequencies. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom