DVB-S Problem (1 Viewer)

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
Hello,

I need Your help. Got with version 1.2.2 problems with my Technotrend DVB-S card. Since the update it's nearly impossible to watch DVB-S channels. Most of the time I got the “nopmtfound” error or the “kanal nicht gefunden” information.

So I had several new scans of the satellite channels. I got more than 900 channels on each run for ASTRA 19,2. Also the epg grapping works for some of that channels. So first I thought about a hardware problem with my dish or LNB, so I readjusted the dish and checked the line with a normal receiver, no problems at all. So I installed DVB Viewer from Technotrend on my server. Everything works well and all channels are running! So I decided to reinstall the DBA-driver for my DVB-S card, no chances no tv at all, next was a complete reinstall of mediaportal, nothing chanced.

So I do not have any idea what to do next. Please have a lock to the logfiles (server and client site) what to do to solve that problem? You will find that all DVB-T channels are working fine, the frequency for the DVB-S channel is also detected .. but at the end no picture???

Thx ramu

ramu

Portal Pro
July 15, 2008
AW: DVB-S Problem

Hello again,

does somebody have a idea what to do next to solve that problem? To be honest I do not want to try to setup up the whole server from scratch. So while Technotrend DVB Viewer runs well and shows every DVB-S channel with good quality, I believe it's a mediaportal problem! (Both programs are using the DBA-driver from Technotrend).

While looking into the mp-logs I think mediaportal finds the channel and is able to tune it but not able to bring them to the screen. Perhaps there is a problem analyzing the signal? Therefore you have to know that a normal TV-sat-receiver shows 91% signal quality and 77% signal level at that line and while scanning in mediaportal I get 100% signal quality and about 78% signal level (see attached image).

So it’s impossible that the HW-signal is too low and that the sat-card is broken. Sometimes I’m able to watch (only one special) news channel, there the signal level is shown with 34% and the quality with 100%, don’t know where the difference comes from? Just believe mediportal have a problem getting the real signal level from the HW ???

Hope somebody have a idea.
Thx ramu

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1.png
    ScreenHunter_1.png
    2.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi ramu

To me it looks like your channel parameters are totally messed up. For example the channels from 11509V were incorrectly re-found on 11538V - this is why you have problems with Al Jazeera English. That is just one example - there are *many* more. I think the problem is that you're using the "pause card" option. Please change to "stop card". You'll need to do a complete rescan. No need to delete the channels - they should be updated by the rescan. I'd be interested to see the new logs.

mm
    PS: according to your client logs you have not set the TV codec preferences on the client. Maybe you've done that by now. Anyhow I recommend you do it if you haven't already, else you will likely experience problems there too.

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    AW: DVB-S Problem

Hi mm,

so I'm back. I was not 100% sure but xchecking shows that both cards were on stop mode in tvserver setup. So because also of other problems (no channel scan possible, etc) I decided to setup up the whole OS system from scratch. It took me 1 day but now I don’t have such DVB-S problems anymore. Both DVB-T and BVB-S card are working more or less.

In former versions I didn’t have such performance problems. Now while looking two different channels (DVB-T & DVB-T or DVB-S & DVB-T & DVB-S and DVB-S) from two different machines the program hangs or the picture stops or show some kind of artifacts? When only watching one channel (client or server) there is no problem. It seams to me that 1.2.2 needs more pc performance than former systems? In former setups I was able to watch two different programs on two machines without any problems???

Please have a look to the logs if there is anything wrong? Perhaps it’s anything from the XP future update which I installed the first time?

Thx ramu

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: DVB-S Problem

Hi again ramu

Both DVB-T and BVB-S card are working more or less.
    Well I'm glad you got them working.

In former versions I didn’t have such performance problems. Now while looking two different channels (DVB-T & DVB-T or DVB-S & DVB-T & DVB-S and DVB-S) from two different machines the program hangs or the picture stops or show some kind of artifacts? When only watching one channel (client or server) there is no problem. It seams to me that 1.2.2 needs more pc performance than former systems? In former setups I was able to watch two different programs on two machines without any problems???
    There are *tons* of continuity errors in your logs. Check:
    - signal quality
    - the timeshifting HDD is not full or close to full
    - that there are no virus scanners or other real time scanning software (eg. Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Defender etc.) checking your timeshifting files

mm

ramu

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2008
    Re: DVB-S Problem - New Exceptions found - TV -Server crashes

Hi mm,
    so, I checked Your 3 points:

1. There is no problem with signal quality, I got no DVB-T Errors and Techontrend DVB-S Viewer brings always good results also the normal tuners have no signal problem
    2. Timeshift folder is on drive c and there are more then 44GB free
    3. There is no virus scanner since the last setup from XP on this machine

Now I found another problem, after approximately 20 h TV-Server crashes, to be exact there is a exception in the logs.

2012-01-11 20:23:15.468750 [(15)]: card: tuned user: epg subchannel: 0
    2012-01-11 20:23:15.468750 [(15)]: user:epg add
    2012-01-11 20:23:15.500000 [DVB EPG timer(9)]: Controller: GrabEpg on card ID == 3
    2012-01-11 20:23:15.515625 [DVB EPG timer(9)]: dvb:grab epg...
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.531250 [EPG Update thread(4)]: schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.656250 [EPG Update thread(4)]: EPG: database updated for #0 ORF III
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.671875 [EPG Update thread(4)]: user:epg remove
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.671875 [EPG Update thread(4)]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel: subchannels count 1 subch#0 keep graph=False
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.671875 [EPG Update thread(4)]: DVB subch:0 Decompose()
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.687500 [EPG Update thread(4)]: FreeSubChannel CA: freeing sub channel : 0
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.687500 [EPG Update thread(4)]: tvcard:FreeSubChannel : no subchannels present, pausing graph
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.703125 [EPG Update thread(4)]: dvb:confused:topGraph called
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.703125 [EPG Update thread(4)]: tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels

2012-01-11 20:24:45.703125 [EPG Update thread(4)]: dvb:confused:topGraph
    2012-01-11 20:24:45.890625 [EPG Update thread(4)]: Tvservice stopped due to an unhandled app domain exception System.AccessViolationException: Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
    bei DirectShowLib.IMediaControl.Stop()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.StopGraph()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.StopGraph()
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardBase.FreeSubChannel(Int32 id, Boolean continueGraph)
    bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.FreeSubChannel(Int32 id)
    bei TvService.EpgGrabbing.Stop(IUser user)
    bei TvService.TVController.StopGrabbingEpg(IUser user)
    bei TvService.EpgCard.UpdateDatabaseThread()
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    2012-01-11 20:24:51.328125 [TVService(6)]: TV Service: stopping
    2012-01-11 20:24:51.328125 [TVService(6)]: TV service StopRemoting
    2012-01-11 20:24:51.390625 [TVService(6)]: Remoting stopped
    (see attached tv-old_server,log)
    TV-Service.exe is still running but not connectable from other clients (sandclock) nor from TV-Setup, get there the info No Service running or the attachted exception message.
    After killing TV-service via taskmanager and restart there are no problems anymore.

By the way TV-server uses more than 97MB RAM before an 37 MB after that restart! Do You have a memory leak somewhere which occurs only after a long run of tv-service?
    Get attached newer logs, (Quite not sure what happened to the server tv.log, there is no old one and the new seems to very short?
    By the way how do I remove a analog card from mediaportal, the remove-button is grey all the time?
    Thx
    ramu

Attachments:
    Client_first_starting_TVprogramm: Opening Client after 24h, switching to TVProgram, there is this error
    Client_waiting_for_connection: Client after pushing the left handed tv-group bar and changing the group
    Exception_after_calling_tvsetup: Errormessage on Server after calling tv-setup after 24 h
    logs from client and server

Attachments

• Exception_after_calling_tvsetup.png
      Exception_after_calling_tvsetup.png
      14 KB
    • Client_first_starting_TVprogramm.png
      Client_first_starting_TVprogramm.png
      140.8 KB
    • Client_waiting_for_connection.png
      Client_waiting_for_connection.png
      174.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread