DVB S/S2 cards on legacy PCI interface. (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Do we send a STOP tune command to the tuner before we initiate motor movement?
    There's no such thing.

I am asking cause if we don't send one and delay the next tune command then as u can imagine we will run into the same issue but with different frequencies this time, the result will be the tuner trying to re-lock to the previous channel while the dish is moving and we still didn't instruct new tuning details.
    We send a new tune request when movement stops, and we only check for signal lock AFTER the new tune request has been sent. Therefore there's no need for a stop tune command. It would make no difference even if there was such a thing.

2. How would u suggest implementing dynamic delays based on position distances?
    I explained this in my earlier reply. ;)

What I mean here is that if I always Store 19.2E to position 1 and 13.0E to position 2 and I know that I need 2 seconds to move from 1 to 2 and vice versa where in the code would I have to input these delays? Is it at the same code that u pointed me to?
    Yes, same code.

What I want to know is why we are sending DiseqC commands twice?
    To make sure the motor receives the command correctly. Repeating commands is common/normal for DiSEqC.

are we sending them both at the same time?
    No. I also explained the sequence in the same earlier reply. Please read carefully. :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Here are some encouraging results between 200ms and 2000ms.

I had to use 19.2E and 16.0E since the hardcoded delay is at the moment 2000ms and these sat are close enough for 2000ms to do its magic.

As u can see around 8 channel switches with a 100% success rate on the 2000ms patch, the moment I revert back to 200ms it will fail on the 1st switch.

I got my hopes high, but it is too early to say if it is going to work on other satellites as well. Needs more testing.
    --- Post updated ---
    We send a new tune request when movement stops, and we only check for signal lock AFTER the new tune request has been sent. Therefore there's no need for a stop tune command. It would make no difference even if there was such a thing.

No. I also explained the sequence in the same earlier reply. Please read carefully. :)

Doh I am stupid, u are right, I totally forgot that the fresh tune command will override any previous lock anyway.

Attachments

• 2000ms.rar
      11.6 KB
    • 200ms.rar
      6.2 KB

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ive just read through this post. Please bear with me as i no nothing about editing coding etc, however am happy to learn, but just need a few pointers.

I want to do what you have mentioned above (and put a delay into signal lock to allow my motor to align first).

Please could you point me in the right direction (ideally a dummies guide) to explain the basics of editing code, how i locate the code and implement it into mediaportal.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks again.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am testing a work around currently, if/when it will give consistent results i will let u know.

Could u please let me know which and how many satelites u have stored?

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    At the moment I've got hotbird 13e and Astra 19.2 stored.

I have a second fixed satellite dish at Astra 28.2 (which obviously works fine).

I've tried DVBViewer which has an option to 're-scan on failed tuning'. It works ok. I setup a meter on my motorised dish and you can hear the pulse re-lock. However this is still causing me timeouts when using kodi.

The more I read the more common this issue seems to be. Although it's nice to have a motorised system I'm tempted to try a monobloc on my dish and keep it in a fixed position then revert back to mediaportal software.

Alternatively look at different manufacturers of dvbs cards to see if there are any others more suited for a motorised system.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) we has work into solution that works but for now only for satellite in the same range EAST or WEST but still works in your case for ex.

The workaround will be to create an xml files that read sat value (position stored in motor and position of satellite) this way MP code will wait per degree (like 500ms for ex).
    This means, that a difference between 19.2 to 4.9 will give us a delta value of 14.3 degrees x 500ms = a waiting time of 7150 ms and the tune will start after that :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sure :) can send you a PM with the bin for now but based on current master so hope it's ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom