DVB-S - Some Channels stall - Codec issue (1 Viewer)

eeknz

Portal Member
February 19, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3-Wide
Windows Version: Vista SP2
CPU Type: E8400 3GHz
HDD: WD320
Memory: 2GB PC800
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L
Video Card: nVidia 8600 GTS
Video Card Driver: 185
Sound Card: on board
1. TV Card: Nova-S Plus
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S (Optus D1)
1. TV Card Driver: 2.122.26109
2. TV Card: HVR-3000
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T & DVB-S (Optus D2)
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PDVD8
h.264 Video Codec: PDVD8
TV: Philips Wide CRT
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

I have what seems to be a common issue, but I don't see a fix anywhere. It's a lot like this issue:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ver-90/some-channels-not-working-right-49806/

On Optus D2 there are a number of channels that display a single frame and have no sound. If I record the program, VLC can play it just fine. Nothing else can play the file at all.
TSReader tells me the video is MPEG2 at 480 x 576i and audio is also MPEG2.
I have 3 clients connected to a single-seat install listed above. None of the clients behave any differently to the single seat.
Graphedit on a client says the video codec is Intervideo, but the Graph from MP has nothing connected to anything.

In the linked post, the user updated ffdshow and enabled MPEG1 and 2, but other places people mention that 1 and 2 shouldn't be enabled in ffdshow as other codec are doing that.

Do I need to get new or different codec's? Do I need to do something in Graphedit to make the connections work? How do you save that as something that the system will use again?

Attachments

• graphedit-output.zip
    30.6 KB

eeknz

Portal Member
February 19, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
If I said WMP can play the file just fine also, but graphedit has no remote graph to connect to when it's playing, would that help someone to offer an opinion??

Or, I can update ffdshow, enable Mpg2, enable all stable audio, set MP TV to use ffdshow, and everything is just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom