Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge
TV: Samsung LE40A656
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I'm not sure that this is a bug but,
I am using a motorised satellite set-up and I am having problems when moving from one satellite to another.
When moving from one satellite to another it obviously takes a small amount of time to get to it's location. I think that the tuning time of the DVB-S signal is fixed at 2 seconds(?). The problem here is that the dish is still moving when the TV server reports 'no signal'.
In the General settings of TV server I have tried increasing the 'Tune' time and the 'Wait for scrambled signal' to 30 seconds. Changing these seems to have no effect on the time that the TV server waits for a signal.

Is there anyway to increase the timeout or retry time of the tuner?

I have attached a log of the following:-
Mediaportal is viewing 'Music Box' on 1W
The channel is changed to 'TVP HD' on another satellite (13E)

From what I can see, when the channel is changed:-
The TV Server sets the correct tuning parameters and issues 'DiSEqC: goto position 4'
2 seconds later 'LockedInOnSignal could not lock onto channel - no signal or bad signal' At this point the dish was still moving
1 second later the EPG then sends the dish to 'Music Max (1W) In which time the dish didn't actually make it to 13E

saticoyo

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
I have something similar, no motor dish, but the settings to wait for scrambled channels and/or time shift after RC3 or RC4 are not used, I think are fixed to something like 4 seconds..I remember in previous versions, the limit was not 30 seconds like now and did work..

I think anyway that if that timeout limit is configurable need to have a bigger range and use it! Sometimes takes more that 30 seconds to get the right keys from the stream.

At least will be great if tvserver waits for that 30seconds or what ever we set on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom