DVB-S2 / H264 decoding Problematic.... (1 Viewer)

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
I'm running Vista and have a X2 3800+ and ATi X1650 gfx. The X1650 is supposed to decode x264 however I'm having problems. I have FFDSHOW tryout and the AVIVO pack installed, but the HDTV channel didn't work. Then I installed CoreAVC. And was able to view the channel, however the framerate was about 20fps and the cpu was @ 100%

I checked to only record the HDTV channel, and it works fine, but it uses almost 40% just to record. When I playback the recording with CoreAVC I use 60-80% so that explain why live TV is problematic.

So I went back to the ATi decoder, trying to get some of that HW accel. magic, and now it workes, but still the cpu is @ 100%

So does anyone have some idea what codecs to use to get HW accel working? Or any other tips regarding x264

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the one and only codec that gives you hardware acceleration is from Cyberlink's Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra.

KRA

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Unfortunatly there is no try for free with the ultra version. I don't see why ATi have their own codec when it's not using the hardware though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom