porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I'm currently getting my system back up and running again after a long absence. No point in having spent ££££'s on kit and not using it.

My current problem is that I have two quad tuner cards in my server, one is a TBS 6284 Quad DVT/T2 tuner which has always worked flawlessly, and the other is a TBS 6984 Quad DVB S/S2 card which has always worked without fault.

I live in quite an exposed area in the UK and the quad LNB had become displaced. When getting the system back up and running again I noticed that I couldn't get any signal to the Sat card when tuning it in the TV Server Config page. In view of this, I bought a new LNB and changed it, however, I'm still getting the same issue "No Signal" - this happens on each of the four tuners on the card. I have re-installed the most up to date drivers for the card, I have changed PCIe slots and checked that the card is seen to be functioning OK in Windows Device Manager - no yellow exclamation mark, Windows reports it as working OK with no conflicts.

Is there any other way of testing this card, am I missing something?

If the card has failed I'm more than happy to fork out for another one, and I will again buy TBS, but before I do shell out £200 I would like to be sure the thing has failed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• TV Server screen grab.JPG
      TV Server screen grab.JPG
      136.2 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards?

(You'll need to stop MP TV Server running when you do this - use the 'Manual Control' tab in TV server config to stop/start it - as it won't share tuners with other software).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS und tcpip.sys in stacktrace) but that seamed related to my network card: after installing the driver from the mainboard website, it runs stable. I'm still surprised that the power delivered by the PCIe...
    I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS...
    Hello I'm searching a PCIe DVB-S2 tv card. In 2018/2019, I already tried three cards: TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCIe Dual 2x interne...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
    Thanks. I'll be working through your response and experimenting some more. Will let you know what I find.
    MP looks like an attractive replacement for WMC, but unlike Kodi (which I just tried), I'm having a hard time getting my 3-tuner...
    Replies
    Views
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom