porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I'm currently getting my system back up and running again after a long absence. No point in having spent ££££'s on kit and not using it.

My current problem is that I have two quad tuner cards in my server, one is a TBS 6284 Quad DVT/T2 tuner which has always worked flawlessly, and the other is a TBS 6984 Quad DVB S/S2 card which has always worked without fault.

I live in quite an exposed area in the UK and the quad LNB had become displaced. When getting the system back up and running again I noticed that I couldn't get any signal to the Sat card when tuning it in the TV Server Config page. In view of this, I bought a new LNB and changed it, however, I'm still getting the same issue "No Signal" - this happens on each of the four tuners on the card. I have re-installed the most up to date drivers for the card, I have changed PCIe slots and checked that the card is seen to be functioning OK in Windows Device Manager - no yellow exclamation mark, Windows reports it as working OK with no conflicts.

Is there any other way of testing this card, am I missing something?

If the card has failed I'm more than happy to fork out for another one, and I will again buy TBS, but before I do shell out £200 I would like to be sure the thing has failed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• TV Server screen grab.JPG
      TV Server screen grab.JPG
      136.2 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards?

(You'll need to stop MP TV Server running when you do this - use the 'Manual Control' tab in TV server config to stop/start it - as it won't share tuners with other software).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom