DVB Subtitles shown too early or hangs to long (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    DVBViewer seems to be delivering the subs for "Echelon Conspiracy" early as well. I'll keep an eye on recordings the next few days to see if they still behave badly. But I'm pretty sure that one of the days when the subs were ahead, I checked a live movie on our normal DVB-T TV, and it delivered them on time. I walked between the two TV's and I'm sure it only was on MediaPortal it was early.

Maybe it is just a misformed DVB-Sub that a regular TV compensates to show normally. I dunno :)

asboe

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    Compared to DVB-C (Yousee) i found that a recording from last week does not have the issue with subtitles ahead.
    It was same Brodcasting (DR HD Broen) both recorded on MP 1.2.1, only difference is that one transport stream came from cable and the other from air. I had the change to compare with a friends recording, who also have Media Portal at home.

Seems this is related to DVB-T only

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Right now I have the problem on DR HD, the programme called "Dybhavsdykkerne" (17.25 - 18.15)

I just checked two times on my normal Sony DVB-T TV, and the subtitles arrive correctly, maybe ½ a second after the speaker says something, and disappears 1 second or so after he stops speaking.

I'm making a recording of it now in MediaPortal, but I don't know what this will prove.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    asboe: There is no difference in the processing of DVB-C and DVB-T streams, so the difference has to be in the actual broadcast stream and parameters (in other words, the streams are not identical).

pilehave: another sample may be helpful. :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    First post updated with a new bad sample. Please note that I moved the files to my own server!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Right, today our public broadcaster changed the remaining channels from old MPEG2 to new MPEG4. Now I have this subtitle issue on those channels as well :(
    If only subtitle delay slider in the TV OSD was doing something...but it is reported as non working as far as I can tell.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Audio delay was fixed on one branch version when using FFDShow Audio as decoder or Post Process but not subtitle, i'm not sure that DVBSub2 can't handle a delay :(

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Right, today our public broadcaster changed the remaining channels from old MPEG2 to new MPEG4. Now I have this subtitle issue on those channels as well :(

Could you create one more sample? Just to be sure that it is the broadcaster's fault :)

If only subtitle delay slider in the TV OSD was doing something...but it is reported as non working as far as I can tell.

It wont do anything on DVB / teletext / CC subtitles. It should be removed from the tv section (no clue when it was added, but there is no real implementation on the filter / rendering side).

asboe

Portal Member
    March 5, 2008
    I haven't seen this issue for some time. Today one broadcast mux was indeed upgraded.
    I hereafter examined several channels (DR1, DR2, DRk and DR HD) and did not see any issue with the subtitles.

Strange that You still see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom