DVB-T channel frequency for Argentina (2 Viewers)

tanquef

Portal Member
October 30, 2012
General San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Is there a way to manually make a file to put all the frequencies from Argentina Digital Terrestial TV?

I have all the frequencies, but if i add them manually one by one, each frequency gets recognized and the channels do appear on the channel list, however all appear as channel id 1000 and i cant tune them, when i try to select the channel, a sign appears that the channel was not found...also the epg is not being grabbed over the air...

if i use the software that comes with the tuner, all channels get scanned automatically and the EPG is also working perfect

thanks

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

tanquef

Portal Member
    October 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    The TV Server 'tuning parameters' are stored in .xml files - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Localization/EPG_Grabbers_and_Tuning_details - just create a new one for Argentina then restart TV Server - it should then appear in the selection list.

If you have problems, list the frequencies (or point me at a website with a list of them) and I'll create the .xml file for you.

Tony
    Checking on the wiki, i dont have such folder inside Media Portal Tv Server folder, should i create one?

i get the channel frequencies from here
    http://tdt-latinoamerica.tv/wiki/plantas-tdt/frecuencias

to each frequency, you must add 143 at the end, so the first one for example is 521143 and it works in 6mhz bandwith

as you may see, each frequency has more than one channel, if you want, you can fill only with the first one, and upload it here, and i will complete it with all freqs and reupload it so you can add Argentina to the channel specs

thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    @mm1352000

Was this not the same problem we had before with Argentina, it did not strictly follow the dvb-t standards, so tuning did not work correctly.

Did search but could not find old thread.

Regards

@tanquef

Tuning parameters are at this windows address if on Vista\Win7 C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    There is a 'Brazil.All Regions.xml' in there, which looks like it includes the settings for the all of the South American UHF channels, so I used that as a base to create the attached 'Argentina.Some Regions.xml' (based on the website listing).

Tony

Attachments

• Argentina.Some Regions.zip
      635 bytes
    Last edited:

tanquef

Portal Member
    October 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    Thanks Tony, i made a file with the Argentinian freqs, however still i´m not able to tune the digital channels...must be another issue on the setup[DOUBLEPOST=1352287082][/DOUBLEPOST]here are the logs

Attachments

• Argentina.All Regions.zip
      430 bytes

tanquef

Portal Member
    October 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    I thought Argentina (and Brazil) are using ISDB-T, not DVB-T. :confused:

yes, you are correct, but it seems that DVB-T is used on MP and NextPVR for scanning Brazil channels, so i guess is the one we need to use for Argentina as well, since there is no ISDBT option to choose.

However, still this aint working, not sure why, but i cant tune any single channel...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I thought Argentina (and Brazil) are using ISDB-T, not DVB-T. :confused:

yes, you are correct, but it seems that DVB-T is used on MP and NextPVR for scanning Brazil channels, so i guess is the one we need to use for Argentina as well, since there is no ISDBT option to choose.
    MP doesn't support ISDB... however that doesn't mean it won't work.
    I've read some of the ARIB ISDB service information specifications, and it looks like ISDB shares some of the same table and descriptor definitions as DVB. Also from your log files it seems that you are able to scan and find the channels.
    So it is possible that MP could work... but no guarantee.

However, still this aint working, not sure why, but i cant tune any single channel...
    According to the log files tuning is successful, however the information about the video, audio and subtitle streams (PMT) is not received.
    Please try to enable the debug option "always use PAT lookup". Use "SetupTv.exe /DebugOptions" (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/1_Command_Line_Options):
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/1-jpg.86195/

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom