DVB-T dual card conflicts with MP 0.2RC + cvs (1 Viewer)

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
August 17, 2005
London, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is my first post and before I write about my issue, I just wanna say what a remarkable job the guys have done to make MP a first class product. I can't wait until it operates 100%

That said, I'm afraid that I've been experiencing some major issues since installing RC2 and have tried the latest cvs's, but that just seems to bring up a different problem :(

So, here is my setup...
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: MP 0.2.0 RC + mediaportal-cvs-01-10-06—01-04
Skin: MCE
Windows Version: XP PRO (MCE 2002) + SP2 + hotfix patches
CPU Type: Prescott Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Memory: 1GB DDR-DIMM PC3200
Motherboard Chipset: MSI 865PE NEO2-V Intel ICH5R chipset ?
Video Card: ATI Radeon Sapphire Atlantis 9600 (256MB, 400MHz) + DVI/VGA/TV out
Video Card Driver: Catalyst1.2.2068.42622
Video Card Resolution: 1028 x 768 @ 60Hz (VGA)
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Intervideo Video Decoder
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS…
TV Card: HAUPPAUGE WINTV-PVR 500MCE
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: MCE-CD_29

TV Card: HAUPPAUGE NOVA-T (92002)
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 2.105.23074.0

TV Card: COMPRO VIDEOMATE DVB-T300
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: BDA drivers 1.3.3.0

My problem is that since upgrading from 0.1.3 to 0.2RC I have had and still have many conflicts with my TV cards. Under the previous version I managed to get all three cards to work (although the PVR500 could be a little tempremental).

I upgraded at the time because of the 2006 EPG bug, which I hope would solve. Then after seeing the screens and new layout, I decided to keep it. I have tried numerous driver updates, patches and cvs's, but cannot get all three cards to work. In fact I am now down to one card the Nova-T that works all the time, but basically the other two nil.

I have followed various advise tips in the forums, including MP patches for dual cards, moved mpeg2data.ax & psisdecd.dll into the MP directory and reregistered, I've changed the card priorities to different settings, tried changing the codecs and unticked the 'grab EPG from DVB as suggested'

My current problem is that timeshifting automatically goes into record and grabs the Nova-T card on startup and then I'm unable to view any other channel. I don't even want to use the timeshift option. How do I turn it if and will it cause more problems? Being able to record two different DVB-T channels and watch analogue would be perfect! So after timeshift comes on, if I try and change channel, I just get a black screen and when I go back a menu with the remote, then MP crashes out. Otherwise I sometimes get 'can't find free card' error. MP appears to be very sluggish and the picture/sound freezes for a second or two while changing screen/channel.

One other issue since upgrading is that the Compro won't now autotune, so I've mapped the channels searched from the Nova-T, but don't know if this problem is related to not being able to view on it Can I still use the Hauppauge analogue card with this setup? I've read comments that I can't??? I've added the analogue freq in the channel card, but unsure if this will work....I don't want more than one of the same channel on the EPG.

Here is an error I found in the error log, although the others look clear!

10/01/2006 14:50:57 exception: Unable to cast COM object of type 'DirectShowLib.VideoMixingRenderer' to interface type 'DirectShowLib.IVMRMixerBitmap'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{1E673275-0257-40AA-AF20-7C608D4A0428}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). DirectShowLib at DirectShowLib.IVMRMixerBitmap.SetAlphaBitmap(VMRAlphaBitmap& pBmpParms)
at MediaPortal.Player.VMR7Util.SaveBitmap(Bitmap bitmap, Boolean show, Boolean transparent, Single alphaValue)
at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUIFullScreenTV.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ShowPreviousWindow()
at MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUIFullScreenTV.OnAction(Action action)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.OnAction(Action action)
at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
10/01/2006 14:50:57 MediaPortal stopped due 2 an exception exception occured MediaPortal at MediaPortalApp.OnAction(Action action)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.DispatchThreadMessages()
at MediaPortalApp.FrameMove()
at MediaPortal.D3DApp.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at MediaPortalApp.Main()

Sorry about the long post.....Please help as I am lost as to where to look next!
Thanks
Best regards :D

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can you just try RC2 without CVS please?
    Basically we switched to DirectShow Lib 1.2 which may be causing your error.

DMAN

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi moviebuff03,

You appear to have more than one issue here, and I don't think that any of them are bugs in MediaPortal, as I have 2 DVB-T cards working flawlessly with 0.2RC2 + CVS. Here are some suggestions that might help.....

moviebuff03 said:
    including MP patches for dual cards, moved mpeg2data.ax & psisdecd.dll into the MP directory and reregistered,
    I assume by this you mean that you copied the latest versions of mpeg2data.ax & psisdecd.dll into the MP directory and registered them? Have you confirmed (with Radlight Filter Manager) that the new versions are the registered ones?

moviebuff03 said:
    My current problem is that timeshifting automatically goes into record and grabs the Nova-T card on startup and then I'm unable to view any other channel. I don't even want to use the timeshift option. How do I turn it if and will it cause more problems?
    This sounds like MP has an uncompleted scheduled recording active. Is the "Stop Record" button visible in My TV? Are there any programs still scheduled - if so, delete them all. Also, make sure that the tick-box under "Timeshifting" in Television Configuration is not selected. I think that the label against that tick-box is incorrect - it should say "Auto turn Timeshifting on when entering My TV" and not "Auto turn TV on when entering My TV"

moviebuff03 said:
    One other issue since upgrading is that the Compro won't now autotune,
    Is this with just the Compro installed, that it won't autotune?

I suggest (if you haven't already done so) that it would be best to tackle one card at a time and get each card working on its own correctly, before you start to combine them, and then just add one at a time. This might help to isolate the issues?

Let us know how you go...... :)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    dman_lfc said:
    Basically we switched to DirectShow Lib 1.2 which may be causing your error.

I only saw DMAN's post after I entered mine above - and this could be the issue. I am using the CVS from Jan 8 (which works fine), and the change to DirectShow Lib 1.2 was done on Jan 9.....

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2005
    London, UK
    Home Country
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions....I am gradually working through them all!

I have currently uninstalled MP, removed all cards (rather deleted drivers and disabled the other 2 cards). Re-installed MP 0.2RC2 and reinstalled the Compro card with just the drivers (no utility programmes). The Compro card still won't autotune from the MP setup configuration page.

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2005
    London, UK
    Home Country
    Following my previous post and the reinstall of MP 0.2RC2 without the cvs's, I uninstalled the Compro drivers and tried the 1.3.23.0 drivers that came with the card and no joy, I also tried the 1.3.24.0 and nothing, along with the 1.3.3.0 (latest drivers).

I uninstalled all MP and Compro files, reinstalled the drivers 1.3.23.0 along with MP 0.1.3.0 and hey presto the card works. These were my previous settings when the Compro card worked. On it's first scan it picked up ALL the TV and Radio channels available (including the encrypted ones).

I know you said it wasn't MP, but any answers? Clearly the card is not faulty and the DVB-T signal is strong enough (considering I am not far from the London DTT transmitter). Particularly as the Nova-T picks up the signal first time.

Thanks again.
    Darren

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the RC2 (without CVS) error the same as the one in your original post?

DMAN

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2005
    London, UK
    Home Country
    Sorry - this is not going to sound too helpful in that I forgot to check the error logs after the clean install of RC2. However all the same symptoms persisted. A very quick scan of frequencies without 'scanning frequencies' message appearing and at the end of the autotune process, no tv and radio channels found.

I have left MP 0.1.3 with the Compro card working in the PVR, until such time as a solution can be found. My TV is still working and am able to move channels with the EPG. So it appears the card is ok for now.

Would like RC2 tho :)
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom