DVB-T EPG listings 'no data' UK. (1 Viewer)

dodge586

May 7, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi,

I'm setting up media potal for the first time and though I've managed to get the channels working I can't for the life of me get the OTA EPG to work. I've followed the setup instructions correctly (I beleive) and tried several variations in an effort to resolve this myself - all without luck.

When I go to 'manual control' and force an EPG refresh I can see the EPG user active on one of the tuners trying to get the data. However this seems to take a very long time (not sure how long it should take normally).

When I start media portal and go to TV listings all channels are showing 'no data'.

I have a TBS6281 dual DVB-T tuner.

Not really sure which logs to provide so I've taken a guess and screen shot. Most of the other tv logs are 0 bytes so I didn't include. Would be greatful for any assistance.

I'd really like to get the OTA guide working as opposed to using other internet services.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    68 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

You might want to have a look at this post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-failed-to-start.128150/#post-1106842

Basically my advice is to:
    • in the TV tuner list section of TV Server configuration, make sure one or both DVB-T/T2 tuners are allowed to be used for EPG grabbing
    • in the DVB EPG grabber section of TV Server configuration...
      • ensure one or both "enabled" checkboxes are ticked, depending on your preferences
      • untick "grab EPG only for channels on the same transponder"
    • in the TV EPG grabber subsection...
      • untick "store data only for selected channels
      • tick one 24 hour channel per frequency (use ScanChannelsBDA or some other to figure out which channels each frequency carries)
    • in the radio EPG grabber subsection, untick all channels (the TV EPG grabbing should handle radio too)
    After configuring, restart the TV service (manual control section of TV Server configuration) and force the manual refresh. It should take around 10 minutes for everything to update.

Regards,
    mm

dodge586

May 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi - thanks for your help.

Either unticking "store data only for selected channels" or selecting just one channel per freqency has fixed it :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great, thanks for reporting back. Always nice to hear a success story. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom