DVB-T Internal (PCI) vs External (USB) (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi

Sorry if this is a very stupid question, but I am a bit new to this!

I'm lookig at building my first HTPC wanting to replace my UK Series 1 Tivo. I'm going to be looking at a DVB-T setup and want to run twin tuners (my main driver for changing from Tivo).

I'm trying to understand the pros and cons of internal and external TV cards. Currently I'm thinking that internal TV cards would be best as I'll have everything inside one neat box. But this means a large case and i like the idea of a small form factor machine with two USB tuners.

Could anyone tell me if these would be controlled for channel changes by the PC via USB or do I need IR wands (like my Tivo)?

Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Marcel

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy of the driver zip in case the external web version disappears one day. There is also the option in Device Manager to roll back the automatically installed Microsoft driver (2009/2010) to the working...
Nice find there Mr Henry. Wish I had that guide when I stumbled through the driver nightmare that is this device. Attached my copy...
Hello, I have 3x Realtek RTL2832U usb DVB-T tuners in my MP1 TV Server. They appear as REALTEK DTV Filter with unique card IDs and...
Replies
Views
No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards? (You'll need to stop MP TV Server running when you do this - use the 'Manual Control' tab in TV server config to stop/start it - as it won't share tuners with other software).
No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards...
Hi Guys, I'm currently getting my system back up and running again after a long absence. No point in having spent ££££'s on kit...
Replies
Views
I'm almost sure all has been written before in both the instructions and on this forum but, I thought I'd write about what I've learned in just one place in the hope it might help someone either starting out or, having issues with DVB-T aerial reception. Whilst there are many variables I've not listed I think I've covered the more...
I'm almost sure all has been written before in both the instructions and on this forum but, I thought I'd write about what I've...
I'm almost sure all has been written before in both the instructions and on this forum but, I thought I'd write about what I've...
Replies
Views
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner is ATI Wonder External (black box with tuner card slot but I dont use it). The Win10 OS recognizes it as ATI Wonder opencard tuner USB. I wanted to try MediaPortal 2 for support with portable devices as...
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner...
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore. The name of my tuner...
Replies
Views
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
Ho yeah, that tiny IR extension cable is really great. Inteset should offer such an option.
I received and thoroughly tested that Inteset PC-IRS5-01 Universal Infrared Receiver. It turns out to be a really good IR receiver...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom