DVB-T recording with other than TS-MPEG? (1 Viewer)

santa.k

November 5, 2005
I changed to 0.2.0 RC1 and recognized all Digital TV-Recordings are coded as TS-MPEG - independent of the codec chosen in TV-options/options of TV-card.
I would like to change this as none of my authoring software (Nero 6, Pinnacle 9) can handle this :cry: . Or is there any easy way of transcoding TS-MPEG to some other MPEG4 or MPEG2?

Thanks for replying!
Santa

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    The MS version of the transport stream engine was pretty lacking, so the devs have rolled back to DRV-MS while they work on their own version. If you download the later CVS snapshots (any from about a week ago on) then you willbe recording in DVR-MS again and the burner plugin can automatically convert this to MPEG2 if you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. I ended up getting it to work by installing the latest version of MediaPortal, which I should have done from the beginning, but didn't think of until after I posted. All is working well, sorry for the wasted bandwidth.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. I ended up getting it to work by installing the latest version of...
    I know the first thing most people will say is go watch the video in the Videos section instead. Yes, I can do that and it does...
    Replies
    Views
    Just wanted to bump this, can we get .m4v added to the default list of video files inside MP configuration
    Just wanted to bump this, can we get .m4v added to the default list of video files inside MP configuration
    Hi .m4v file extension is missing from videos section, I suggest that this is added to the list of known video extensions in...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, life stuff got my attention elsewhere, but now my mind is back on this :cool: OK I post the suggestion in the Improvement Suggestions sub-forum later today (y) (when I get some free time after I've had time to make it look like I've done my fair share of home chores :whistle:) EDIT: Done, now I have posted it here Option for...
    Sorry, life stuff got my attention elsewhere, but now my mind is back on this :cool: OK I post the suggestion in the Improvement...
    JIRA MP1-4155 : Rework of DVBIP RTSP Filter https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4155 GIT branch...
    Replies
    Views
    There were too many problems with missing sound on mpeg tv recordings.
    There were too many problems with missing sound on mpeg tv recordings.
    I need to change the recording format to mpeg on TV server. But the drop-down "Recording format" at "Recording settings" ->...
    Replies
    Views
    Re: Avermedia A825 dual tuner - occasionally stops one tuner when starting the other Hmmm, interesting that AverMedia don't offer an XP driver on their website. According to the LinuxTV wiki the device is based on the AfaTech AFA9035 chipset (link). If the drivers from AverMedia don't work and you're feeling a little adventurous...
    Re: Avermedia A825 dual tuner - occasionally stops one tuner when starting the other Hmmm, interesting that AverMedia don't offer...
    Hi, I have been tracking this down ever since I installed MP a couple of years ago. The problem is that I can't use both...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom