DVB-T seek in timeshifting not working (1 Viewer)

htpcoz

Portal Pro
July 25, 2005
Brisbane
Home Country
Area: My TV
MP Version: 0.2RC1 - ALL CVS releases
Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: Intel P4 2.8GHz
Memory: 512 MB generic PC3200
Motherboard Chipset: ASUS P4P800 - Intel 865G
Video Card: GeCubeRadeon X700
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 5.8
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Nvidia
Audio Codec Type & Version: Nvidia
TV Card: DNTV Live
TV Card Driver: Latest
TV Card Type: DVB-T
TV Card: Hauppauge 150MCE
TV Card Driver: Latest
TV Card Type: hardware
Remote: MCE 2005 (euro)

Synopsis:

One issue I've found is that seeking (left or right direction button, as well as FF and RW) of a timeshifted DVB program doesn't operate properly. The seek attempt seems to return the stream back to the beginning regardless of what I do. Strangely, the Up and down keys (big jump) seem to operate better than the other seek keys). I also notice in the main screen, the "current program position time" on the background of the home scree shows garbage numbers (like 301:19 even though the buffer might only be 5 minute long).

I've raised this issue, as I've not seen any other bug reports similar to this. I'm not sure if this is a configuration problem with my system or not. If it is a common issue, I can dig a little further to get logs etc...

I think this is probably related to the new TS engine, as the same problem occurs when seeking in a new DVB recorded program (the old mpeg recordings are fine). Also, seeking around my 150MCE (mpeg) recordings are fine.

I've recently upgraded to 0.2RC1 to see how things are going, and have found overall the release (especially for a pre-rel) is very good. I've found this problem on all 0.2RC1 releases, including all CVS releases up to today. I know that the DVB support isn't complete in 0.2 yet, but I thought I'd raise this as an issue that may need fixing.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a noticed a similar problem with CVS dated October 6th.

MyTV: FFwd in Timeshifting is erratic...

Windows Version: XP Professional SP2
    CPU Type: AMD 2400+
    Memory: 512MB
    Motherboard Chipset: VIA KM400 chipset
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 9550
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.0010.6561 (English)
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Video Codec Type & Version: nVidia
    Audio Codec Type & Version: DScaler
    TV Card: DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: 3.11
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A

Error description:

1. start mediaportal in fullscreen mode
    2. go to MyTv, with Timeshifting enabled
    3. tune a channel
    4. press Pause, and wait for 5 or more minutes
    5. Press Play to resume watching program
    6. Press FFwd to skip ahead
    7. Press Play, and the sound is OK, but the video is playing at about 4X for about 20 seconds. Video then freezes (sound continues OK) and then the "TV Channel is scrambled" message appears (but channel is NOT scrambled!) for about 30 seconds and then video will continue on.
    8. repeat steps 6. & 7. and the playback will return to the start of the Timeshift buffer ...:(

attachments:Taipan.zip

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    does this problem only occure with cvs-snapshots? or do you have the same problem with the release version of 0.2 RC1?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I didn't notice this problem with the release version (probably because I did not try to FFwd with Timeshift when I was using the release version).

I don't have a backup of the release version, so I cannot easily go back and check. I have to assume that it has always been there since the change to TS stream recording for DVB cards?

The first post implies that the problem has always existed from v0.2.0.0RC1....

EDIT:- I have just realised that I have probably posted this in the wrong section, although I don't know how long the problem has existed, or if it was present in RC1...:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom