[Approved] DVB-T tuning problem (1 Viewer)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

First, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this as it's a question about tuning details rather than a new set of details. If so please move to the right place.

I'm in the UK and my DVB_T transmitter is Midhurst. Switchover day is today (first day, there are 2 more to come) and having done a new channel scan this morning I now don't have either BBC1 or BBC2 channels, or several other less important (to meat least) channels. I use a Peak USB tuner that has worked fine until now. It's not a signal problem as I have put the same aerial feed into a TV with a DVB-T tuner and get all the stations I expect with good quality.

I thought that a rescan in MP was all that would be needed - is this wrong? Do I need a new tuning parameters file for my region? If so can anyone please point me at where to get it? I'm afraid that I don't have the knowledge to build an a new one for community use.

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
If the frequencies have changed they might not be picked up by a localised scan. Have you tried an "All Regions" scan?

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the suggestion - results were mixed, to say the least (sometimes I got more channels but not the same ones as on the local scan and other times I got no channels at all), but after many attempts I now think that the problem may just be with the tuner. I've ordered another and will try again.

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
Mark,

An update. I thought I'd try again this morning, just on the off chance.... An All Regions scan found all the channels and at good strength too. Everything now seems OK so there is no need for you to spend time producing a new tuning details file - particularly as there are another 2 re-tune days coming up for the Midhurst transmitter (as well as at least 4 other transmitters in the South East region). If anyone else in the UK has this problem I think that nfox's suggestion of an All Regions scan is the way to go.

Again, thanks to both of you.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    particularly as there are another 2 re-tune days coming up for the Midhurst transmitter (as well as at least 4 other transmitters in the South East region

Hi, when the final retune is due, just give us the new frequencies so we can update the dvb-t tuning details, there's still a few of these knocking around till 2013, then hopefully we will get a bit of stability, at least for the UK.

France next ;)

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi, when the final retune is due, just give us the new frequencies so we can update the dvb-t tuning details, there's still a few of these knocking around till 2013, then hopefully we will get a bit of stability, at least for the UK.

I'd be more than happy to do this - if you can tell me where MP is storing the new details that it finds during a scan. If these are extractable then I will post them after the final retune day in April.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I'd be more than happy to do this - if you can tell me where MP is storing the new details that it finds during a scan. If these are extractable then I will post them after the final retune day in April.

Hi,

Please could you try the attached tuning details file. It should go into

C:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt

replacing the file that is already there.

I can't work out what will be needed after March 14th, but it should be easy enough to sort out once the frequencies are available.

Mark

Attachments

• UK.Midhurst.xml
      924 bytes

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Mark,
    Thanks for that - I've used it and it finds all the channels OK. Don't spend too much time on this for me next time as I'm quite happy to simply do an All Regions scan again on March 14th and then again on April 25th. This seems to work absolutely fine (although it takes a long time it's no more than I suspect all those with a new TV ot a set-top box will have to do anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom