DVBS: Losing CAM connection after 5 mins idle time (1 Viewer)

John2014

Portal Member
January 26, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After my problems with the Anysee E30S2 in a previous tread (no DiseqC support) I bought a DVBS solution that should be supported by Mediaportal. Unfortunately after reinstalling everything I run into the following problem:

I bought the Terracted S7 (Mediaguard CAM and Canaldigitaal provider) and use Windows 8.1 x64. The Terratec scans all channels and both viewing and switching channels is working well. However after about 5 minutes idle time I cannot start watching TV with a scrambled channel. I need first to either restart TV Server or first watch an unscrambled channel. After that all is working well. In this way the WAF if very low and I get pressed to go back to MediaCenter :) which I want t migrate away from :)

In short:
- Terractes S7 works well with unencrypted channels
- S7 works well with scrambled channels after a TV server restart
- S7 works well with scrambled channels after first viewing an unscrambled channel
- S7 NOT working well viewing a scrambled channel after idle time (!)

I tried several settings (no preload, stopping the card and not pausing it, not using it for EPG, etc). I also found a solution for Wndows 7 going back to an old driver version, but that it not possible with WIndows 8.1

Can anyone please help me? I really want to migratie away from MCE to MP, but hardware and software compatibility is blocking me unfortunately. (I will post logs if needed.)

John2014

Portal Member
January 26, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
After DisecQ problems with my Anysee E30S2 and CAM problems with my Terratec S7 I decided to purchase yet another DVBS card: Mystique SaTiX-S2 CI that is (also) on the compatibility list of Mediaportal. I hope to receive in within a week.

To be honest the MP compatibility matrix does not say anything about versions, after reading hundreds of posts about DVBS CI problems I noticed that the MP and Windows version makes a world of difference. It is a bit of a lottery to see if any combination will work with MP 1.6.

I am not getting support from Terratec and also not (yet) on this forum regarding my Terratec. I hope anybody can please help me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom