DVBs: (Skystar2) Very first beta for try on sourceforge (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

What's the format of a .tpl file?

A

Anonymous

sorry, buit i'm generally stuck here maybee it has something to do with something to do which we call here "Glühwein" in Germany, but i have no idea what to choose in the settings menu. I'm stuck on the Card Config Tab and iI don't know what to choose for Satelites. Damned "Glühwein" with Rum......

A

Anonymous

I can scan and find channels, but i can not save the channels. I get a error when saving???

htpcman

Portal Member
September 12, 2004
Frankfurt, Germany
Feedback

OK here goes...

what I did:

downloaded the 3 rar files and the dvlib.dll (16kbyte)
decompressed the 3 rar files and added the contents to the MP folder.
copied dvblib.dll (16kbyt) to windows\system32
configured SS2 as per readme file
tried search

Got mesage about missing MFC71D.dll

after some trial and error found MFC71.dll and put that in the Windows\system folder. Still no joy still complained about missing MFD71D.dll

deleted dvblib.dll (152 kbyte) file in MP folder.

now no more complaints about missing dlls etc.

loaded "astra.tpl" and hit scan again button temporarily gets grey then nothing... no channel search is taking place no error messages

Tried other strategy by copying the database file into the database folder in MP dir. now I can see some channels in the config utility.

start MP and go to TV select channel; picture appears and audio is ok picture freezes and refreshes evers 1~2 sec.

Go back to config utiity and change codecs from WinDVD6 to Elecard for video and from WinDVD6 to ffdshow for audio.

restart MP, go to TV now get video and audio GREAT!

activate Timeshift picture goes away and the white dot dissapears in both "Timeshift" and "TV on".

change channel and reactivate TVon now I have a picture again.

try to record; picture dissapears and camera symbol appears below. Stop recording. picture comes back...

go to recordings to check recordings won't play.

my Summary:

- basic viewing works in full Screen and windowed mode

- Just before the video image appears a rather large black active movie window appears.

- Channel scan does not work
- Timeshift does not work
- WinDVD6 video Codec does not work
- Recording does not work

I dont want to complain I think this looks very promising because the part that works works quite well.

I would be happy to hear any suggestions on how to improve matters. Will be away for 2 days though but after that I have a vacation coming up so plenty of time for testing ;-)

Keep up the good work!

cheers

htpcman

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Scan found 1018 services

I'll see only 16 Programms in MP (where are the german chanlles like KiKa, Sat1?) - all of them have a black screen and no sound.

Channels in MP

Super RTL
RTL Klub
Topfield
(516)
PLAYIN'TV
OM'TV
etc.

...not all german channels, no picture, no sound?

I'll used Intervideo MPEG Encoder, Nero MPEG2 Encoder but nothings happened

A

Anonymous

I can't get it to scan. I go to the Channels tab, select the tpl file from the drop down and hit scan. Nothing happens. No progress bar, nothing. Even if I just let it sit there. Should something happen right away?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Feedback

htpcman said:
    - basic viewing works in full Screen and windowed mode
    - Channel scan does not work
    - Timeshift does not work
    - WinDVD6 video Codec does not work
    - Recording does not work

dito, same here in all points
    Intervideo Codecs (WinDVD) show up for about 1 sec, Vid freeze and audio running on

even do a clean install of mp

A

Anonymous

Now scanning and saving the channels work. foung about 500 channels.

But when i activating tv i only see a grey box. no video and audio on all channels.

I tried elecard and nvidia codecs???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom