DVBs: (Skystar2) Very first beta for try on sourceforge (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Progress

So we are a view steps away from watching SAT-TV by using SS2 in MP,please be patient for serval days...

greets
agree

ordinary73

Portal Member
October 9, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Re: DVBs: To all (and only) Skystar2 Users

Agree said:
Hi. Yeah, the Airstar will soon complet supported, but i disabled other then SS, for get sure it is running (near) perfectly.

Great. Some hints if you're not already know:

1) There is a little bug in the SDK when using with the AirStar2. The Command setting die polarity with the SkyStar2 is used to set another parameter with the AirStar2. That seems to be one of the reasons software for the SkyStar2 does'nt work with the AirStar2.

2) The Device name was changed from TechniSat driver 4.2.11 to 4.3.0 (prior name is "B2C2 ..... " - new name is "TechniSat ...").

A

Anonymous

Hi,
if it is still possible I would like to aprticipate in the test as well.

best wishes

a.dimuzio

Portal Member
November 2, 2004
[Sorry.. this should have been a MP but apparently MP are not working this morning, so I have to use this post]
Hi Agree.. I didn't hear nothing from you so I started to look at MP source code by myself.

I don't know which kind of approach you are following for the DVB-S integration. Here is what I'm going to try out:

1- Rappresent the SS2 as a TVCaptureDevice. This might not be enough at the end of the day, but for the time being I'm not going to define a new SatCaptureDevice.

2- Add in GraphFactory an entry for the SS2 card. The Graph will use Marfi's filter, which is the best in my opinion.

Once this is done, I should already be able to tune, play and record FTA channels.
What is missing is transponder scanning, which for the time being, I will skip.

Three more points I'll have to look at:
1- Recording, I will only support TS recording for now
2- Plugin support. I'm not sure where to include it. Best thing should be in the Graph
3- MHW epg. I want to support it, so the idea would be to set during the configuration phase which channel to use for MHW (or set of channels) and then the "udpate time" when to tune and retreive the new MHW version.

Let me know where are you at, and if you are using a similar approach.

A

Anonymous

Re: Progress

Agree said:
So we are a view steps away from watching SAT-TV by using SS2 in MP,please be patient for serval days...

greets
agree

Hi Agree: one more skystar user currently using mytheater but would love to see your progress on this.

thanks

A

Anonymous

fredflintstone said:
Hi,

i would like to test it also!

Guys, the first Beta-Test should start from now to end of week, so get ready for it :)

greets
agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom