DVBs: (Skystar2) Very first beta for try on sourceforge (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I've got a skystar2 card. I'd like to test the plugin and I can even try to help you in the development

mario

tom1502

Portal Pro
October 4, 2004
Speyer
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi, i think aout bringing back my Hauppauge WinTV Nova-s and buy a Skystar 2. is the Skystar of equal quality, especially in Video and Audio output? Would be cool if i get answer in the next 2 or 3 hours, beause then i can do this today... :)
And please give me an Beta-Test Plugin too!!!

Thanks,
Thomas

A

Anonymous

I'd like to test...

Nr ... , I've got a skystar2 card and I just joined to test!

Thanks,
samsam

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi tom1502,

the Skystar2 is a very good card to a low price
    and Video and Audio have a good quality.

Greetings 8) Harley

tom1502

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2004
    Speyer
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, there are not very much german channnels who send HDTV...
    Is the qualityof Skystar2 as good as the Hauppauge Nova? because Audio & Video fróm the Hauppauge is great!!!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It does support HDTV...

http://www.technisat.com/en/sat-infos/interdigital/march2004/28_31SkyStarUSB_2TV_PVR.pdf

Extract from the document...

To realize HDTV support, the SkyStar engineers implemented a new MPEG 2 Decoder Software, capable to decode HDTV streams. An extended version with AC 3 and DxVA support is also on the planning board. Together with the complete version 1.99 of the DVB Viewer the user can enjoy pure HDTV feeling on his PC.
    A first test in the German c´t magazine impressed their writers already: "We were surprised how easy it is to get HDTV reception – a high speed PC with good performance, together with "SkyStar 2” and
    DVB Viewer make it possible” (c´t, edition 26, 2003).
    TechniSat will supply the "HDTV edition” of SkyStar 2 (Software Version 4.3.0 with InterVideo MPEG 2 Software Decoder and DVB Viewer complete version 1.99) and the "regular” Version of SkyStar 2 (Software
    Version 4.2.10 with MediaMatics MPEG 2 Software Decoder, DVB Viewer TechniSat Version 1.94) in parallel.

Agree did not see a problem with HDTV within MP if the specs fo the HTPC were aok.
    Available codecs will have alot to do with it but if Technisat provide them then it definately should not be a problem.

DMAN

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom