DVBSBridge (1 Viewer)

Oberon_DVB

September 10, 2007
Hello everybody,

I am head of development team, which makes DVBSBridge - the satellite TV solution for MCE.
Currently we have a version, which works with MyTheatre program as a source of DVB-S signal. The public beta for it has started yesterday. DVBBridge pretends to be a DVB-T tuner for MCE, while receiving actual signal from MyTheatre.

We have not tried it yet, but in principle it should also work with MediaPortal - DVBSBridge is visible to the outer world as a normal BDA DVB-T tuner device.

Would someone be interested to try if DVBSBridge works with MediaPortal and report on his/her experiences?

Thanks in advance,
Oberon_DVBSBridge
Find us at www.dvbsbridge.com

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    maybe you can share a bit more informations about what this dvb-s bridge does?

because atm. it looks to me that this is not of any use for us.

our TV-Engine supports dvb-s, dvb-t, dvb-c, atsc and analog TV-Cards out of the box. also supports CIs of many cards
    furthermore the TV-Server autodetects any dvb TV-Card (if BDA drivers are used), and any analog cards (with WDM drivers).
    no need to add specific support for a TV-Card anymore.

Oberon_DVB

September 10, 2007
    Well, I do realize that for MediaPortal it might be not of very big interest. I know that MediaPorta natively supports a lot DVB-c, dvb-s and dvb-t cards. We have developed DVBSBridge for MCE - this is our main play field as good DVB-S support is virtually non-existent there.
    However, from the pure technical point of view I can imagine that it would be interesting for some of you to try it with MediaPortal and it would be definitely interesting for us to see if it works in this configuration and if it does not - to understand why.
    Unfortunately DVBSBridge is not an opensource project. It will become a commercial product in due time (although with a very reasonable pricing :) ). Currently we have a version, which works with MyTheatre and we are working on the version, which works with ProgDVB.
    As for what it exactly does - it receives the audio and video streams from MyTheatre and recreates the transport stream from them, which closely resembles incoming transport stream (although there is a number of omissions due to specifics of of MyTheatre and DVB-T tuner implementations). This stream is then sent to DVB-T tuner driver. The external applications see only this BDA DVB-T tuner device and work with it in a normal way. This method allows usage of full capabilities of receiving software with satellite TV signal - one touch recording, timer recordings, pausing live TV etc.

But, again, in the current phase of the project it is a pure technical interest for us to try it with MediaPortal and we would appreciate if someone can try it.

Oberon_DVBSBridge

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I do.
    If we had a dummy BDA driver, we could easily support things like the hdhomerun or iptv
    Sadly DVBSbridge is not opensource...
    Frodo

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oberon_DVB: Perhaps you might consider making your driver more versatile in future releases? i.e. Rather than just having MyTheatre support it could have support for IPTV or other streams or input sources? I think that many users in the mediaportal community would be interested. Even better if you wanted to contribute a little source for the cause!
    ;)
    :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Oberon_DVB: Perhaps you might consider making your driver more versatile in future releases? i.e. Rather than just having MyTheatre support it could have support for IPTV or other streams or input sources? I think that many users in the mediaportal community would be interested. Even better if you wanted to contribute a little source for the cause!
    he, he IPTV /webstreams support inside TVE3. well we have a surprise for our users :D

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To have IP-TV/webstream support inside TVE3 we don't need to have a dummy bda driver.
    It can be done simpler by adding a new "virtual" card class with subchannels (can be called "Streaming Card (builtin))
    This card would be always available since it's not a hardware card.
    I am already working on implementing this.
    At the moment for Radio streams and another one for FM Radio.
    The next step is for Video streams.
    So you would not even be able to watch the streams but also to record them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom