DVBSBridge (2 Viewers)

bridge-mf

October 5, 2007
Calgary
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am new to DVBSBridge and Media-portal. I have been following threads about Nexus-s support for MP. It seems to me that it might be accomplished much more simply by using the BDA DVB-T driver that DVBSBridge provides.

I am not a programmer but if you need some beta testers, I can do that. IE, try to scan the DVB-T capture device in DVBSBridge and see what happens. I'll forward whatever logs you require for developing a MediaPortal compatible driver.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
To have IP-TV/webstream support inside TVE3 we don't need to have a dummy bda driver.
It can be done simpler by adding a new "virtual" card class with subchannels (can be called "Streaming Card (builtin))
This card would be always available since it's not a hardware card.
I am already working on implementing this.
At the moment for Radio streams and another one for FM Radio.
The next step is for Video streams.
So you would not even be able to watch the streams but also to record them.

Whao! That would be excellent! How is everything progressing for video streams? I tried to use this in MP1RC1 but it seems I'm not allowed to add a channel and edit the webstreams section for a webstream videochannel... (Nasa TV)

sdanielson

Portal Member
September 22, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Actually this would allow North Americans to use a Skywalker-1 card as it's supported by MyTheatre, which is the ONLY card that supports HD for the U.S. sat provider.

TheSharky

Portal Member
May 18, 2005
Is possible to use this product "DVBSbridge" with Nexus-S DVB Card?

I try to install , but when i lunch TV Configuration i see that the card is configured like a DVB-T and if i search for channel... nothing do!

Someone help me?

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think this is how it's meant to work? I think you have to map DVB-S channels to DVB-T frequencies. After that you will be able to scan those frequencies in TVServer. You will need to edit dvbt.xml to include the frequencies you are mapping to. Just create a country section called "DVBS Bridge Mappings" or something.

You want to use Nexus-S + DVBSbridge + TVServer ?

Why not just Nexus-S + TVServer, why do you need DVBSbridge? Is there no BDA driver for the nexus-s?

TheSharky

Portal Member
    May 18, 2005
    I think this is how it's meant to work? I think you have to map DVB-S channels to DVB-T frequencies. After that you will be able to scan those frequencies in TVServer. You will need to edit dvbt.xml to include the frequencies you are mapping to. Just create a country section called "DVBS Bridge Mappings" or something.
    I supposed this. I try to edit the file but is different from the standard of DVBS frequency example this is a part of file "13.0° E Hotbird":
    [SATTYPE]
    1=0130
    2=Hotbird 6/7A/8 (13?E)

[DVB]
    0=101
    1=10719,V,27500,34,DVB-S
    2=10723,H,29900,34,DVB-S
    3=10758,V,27500,34,DVB-S

And this is a part of the dvbt.xml file:
    <country name="UK - Winter Hill B" offset="167">
    <carrier frequency="626000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    <carrier frequency="650000" bandwidth="8"></carrier>
    </country>

How merge the data? in the DVBS file there is a Frequency,Polarization,SimbolRate where I put it in the dvbt file?

Can You help me?

You want to use Nexus-S + DVBSbridge + TVServer ?

Why not just Nexus-S + TVServer, why do you need DVBSbridge? Is there no BDA driver for the nexus-s?

This is the problem! I don't find the BDA driver for Nexus!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom