dvbsky t980c CI changing channel directly. Problem (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We don't have code that tells the DVBSky tuner to decrypt channels... so however it works right now is due to the driver alone.

gvr4

Portal Member
    December 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm not using my wintv ci anymore since it causes bsod. But I have been using the dvbsky with the built in ci for some time now without any problem. Except for the problem I first mentioned in the beginning of this thread. One thing I have noticed is that when the card is used for scheduled recordings, it seems to have no problem changing directly from one channel to another. Is there a difference when I change channel when watching live-tv and when the scheduler does it?

Tried e-mailing dvbsky-people but got no answer. I does say on their webpage that the mediaportal team is one of their partners. So you would think this card would work with mediaportal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One thing I have noticed is that when the card is used for scheduled recordings, it seems to have no problem changing directly from one channel to another. Is there a difference when I change channel when watching live-tv and when the scheduler does it?
    Yes. The scheduler never changes directly from one channel to another. For each recording: it tunes then starts the tuner... then stops the tuner. Timeshifting does not stop the tuner; for first channel it tunes then starts the tuner... then for the second channel it tunes... then for the third channel it tunes... and finally it stops the tuner when timeshifting is stopped. The fact that decryption works at all is purely down to the driver.

Tried e-mailing dvbsky-people but got no answer. I does say on their webpage that the mediaportal team is one of their partners. So you would think this card would work with mediaportal.
    We have contacted them and received their SDK. That is probably why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom