dvbt epg (via aerial) out of sync - please help (1 Viewer)

htpc71

October 13, 2009
Home Country
I have set up MP 1.0.2 in XP sp3. Everything working fine. Channels all tuned in ok. I have one weird problem I cant seem to figure out. All of the EPG is one hour in front of where its supposed to be. I done many MP installs on a number of different machines and have never had this problem before. Initially I wondered if it was some sort of database hiccup, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Did another channel scan and the issue is still there.

Anyone know of a way of adjusting the time offset? Ive looked at the editing options for each channel and cant see a way to do it with that. There doesnt appear to be an interface in tvserver config to set a time offset either.

Ideas or suggestions as to how I can correct this would be appreciated!

htpc71

October 13, 2009
Home Country
Still no luck. I did a full uninstall of MP, dumped the database, manually cleaned up all remnants of MP and SQL and then reinstalled. Did a channel scan and right back to square one - all epg data is one hour ahead of where its meant to be. The clock and date on the PC is correctly set. All time/date information in MP is correct, but for some reason the EPG wont budge.

Anyone?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Something to do with the 'daylight saving time' setting in XP maybe ? (as it's exactly one hour out)

Tony

htpc71

October 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Something to do with the 'daylight saving time' setting in XP maybe ? (as it's exactly one hour out)

Tony

Thanks Tony, I just had a look at it following your suggestion. The timezone is correct, as are the daylight savings adjustments. (DOH!)... :(

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Go into tvserver and refresh guide in the manual tab, I have this problem every time daylight savings changes.

This worked for me

Thanks. I refreshed the EPG - no effect on the syncronisation.

I also tried installing kb970653,

Code:
    ..changes the time zone data to accommodate daylight saving time (DST) changes in several countries, as outlined in this article. 
    This update also includes other DST-related changes, time zone-related changes, and settings-related changes

Still no luck

I would welcome more input on this. Its got me vexed and I am open to ANY ideas that might lead to a fix.

Wife is in grr mode because its hard for her to record her shows. :mad: I am running for cover until I can get it resolved

HELP!?

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Just for gits and shiggles I decided to delete and rescan all my channels hoping it might change something. No effect.

I dont get it - have installed all windoze updates, re-installed MP (2 or 3 times), and the problem remains. If I restore a disk image of an older installation the epg works fine. (cant use the old install because it crashews - that was the reason for the re-format in the first place)

Is there something in the OS system files that would have a latent effect after a re-install of MP?

htpc71

October 13, 2009
    Home Country
    AHA !! FIXED IT!!!

I set the clock on the PC back a couple of days and put it out of sync, rebooted the PC, refreshed the EPG (no data), then repeated the process with correct time/date and now its all in sync

WOOHOO!

tukuayl

October 31, 2010
    Thanks so much...I have tried reinstalling and every other setting for a week now, went to change the time and realized I had the wrong time zone set...DOH!

Changed that and now works like a charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom